Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was installing the AEV tire carrier on my Jeep, step one was to fit a zerk on the side of it for future lubing. It made me realize that I don't really know what points to hit on the Jeep. This being my first Jeep, but the kind of person that tries to do all my own maintenance, I was wondering what I should be doing, other than oil/filter changes, to make sure everything lasts as long as it can.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
There are no grease zerks on the stock JK. I would suggest keeping to the regular scheduled maintenance. If you do any water crossings, checking/changing diff fluid is important.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no grease zerks on the stock JK. I would suggest keeping to the regular scheduled maintenance. If you do any water crossings, checking/changing diff fluid is important.
I know on some previous vehicles, I had them on the ball joints, and a few had them on steering components. I'm surprised there aren't any, but then again, I haven't seen anything when under the vehicle, so figured I'd double check. Thanks.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your wallet to ease the money flowing out of it into jeep parts

JK ---- what Cummins powered said

You know, I pretty much kept the wallet sealed tight during the first year of ownership, since I wanted to figure out how I was going to use it, and not rush into my plans. Glad I did, as I definitely would be looking at changing a lot of things I had paid money for. It's definitely mod time now.

·
Super Moderator
6,810 Posts
Most of the pivot points on a JK / JKU suspension use rubber bushings. They don't get greased. Aftermarket ball joints, as well as some aftermarket control arms and such, may need greasing. But the stock stuff is designed to be of the "replace it when worn out" variety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts