Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys.... The PO had coated the fenders with some unknown black textured junk. I am sure it looked great back in 97 but I need something fresh to put on them... I dig the black textured look and want it to be durable. Any suggestions? Bed line? Plastidip? Ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just removed plastidip and coated with bedliner. The plastidip did do very well with branches. I sprayed the liner to get an even finish. Bought the bedliner at Harbor Freight. It looks nice for now.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Coating them in mud and dirt is by far the most fun.:)

I used black satin Krylon Fusion Paint for plastic for my flares.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,469 Posts
Plastidip would be the least durable of anything. Are you talking about the steel fenders or the plastic fender flares?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,469 Posts
I'd paint them with satin black Krylon Fusion which is specifically made for painting flexible plastics and vinyl plastics. Rustoleum has a similar product they brought out to compete with Fusion but I don't recall the name.

You'll probably have better luck finding one of those two products at smaller hardware stores than at places like Home Depot. My local Home Depot doesn't carry either one but my small local regional hardware store chain does.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd paint them with satin black Krylon Fusion which is specifically made for painting flexible plastics and vinyl plastics. Rustoleum has a similar product they brought out to compete with Fusion but I don't recall the name.

You'll probably have better luck finding one of those two products at smaller hardware stores than at places like Home Depot. My local Home Depot doesn't carry either one but my small local regional hardware store chain does.
Awesome! Do I need to prime? Also how do you recommend getting the old stuff off? Or should I just go over top of it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts