Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 00 wrangler 2.5 and have the 35 rear end. I am getting 33's on a 4" suspension lift but on and was wondering should I re gear and if so should I go with 4.56 or 4.88. and anyone w/ an idea how much this would cost. Or should I while I am at is just put a d44 rear end and re gear.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
A bit more info would be helpful like what your goals are, what type of wheeling you do, and if you are an auto or 5spd

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
wait for the 44 no reason to spend money twice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 5 speed and use this go around town winter take this in woods hunting w/ me and over all driving and just off roading on weekends playing around w/ buddys

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
I just regeared my 98' with 4.56 gears for about $1100 at 4 wheel parts. I had 3.07 gears and it made a big difference. I have a 5 sp manual as well and I gained a whole gear (I can start in 2nd very easy) I also have a RE 3.5 lift which is about 4". The only sacrifice is hitting 3000 rpm in 5th on the freeway at about 65mph. (but at least I use 5th gear now) I have 33" BFG KM2 tires. Overall it is great and I am very happy I went with 4.56, I think 4.88 would have been too low for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 33's with 4.56 and it is just right in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts