Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like everything else I do, I go about it the hard and long way. this winter im small block chevy converting my YJ. I have a 85' sb350 one piece rear seal, and a TCI th350 auto tranny. I will be using a Ford 8.8 rear axle from a 95' explorer. Im keeping the D30 up front for the first year, and switching it nxt winter. (im not engaging 4x4 untill i loose the D30) SO, now i need a transfer case! like an idiot, i bought one from craigs list; its a 92' np241 from a chevy truck. Come to find out this WONT bolt up to the th350. so what t-case do I need? ohh, i went to a junk yard and looked at a t-case that was mounted to a th350 and it was the same size as the dang tranny.....this is way to big!PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
try advance adapters or novak they might have an adapter plate to make that transfer case work.....

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
like everything else I do, I go about it the hard and long way. this winter im small block chevy converting my YJ. I have a 85' sb350 one piece rear seal, and a TCI th350 auto tranny. I will be using a Ford 8.8 rear axle from a 95' explorer. Im keeping the D30 up front for the first year, and switching it nxt winter. (im not engaging 4x4 untill i loose the D30) SO, now i need a transfer case! like an idiot, i bought one from craigs list; its a 92' np241 from a chevy truck. Come to find out this WONT bolt up to the th350. so what t-case do I need? ohh, i went to a junk yard and looked at a t-case that was mounted to a th350 and it was the same size as the dang tranny.....this is way to big!PLEASE HELP!!!!!
i hear that the np231 will fair fine behind the 350 as long as it is mostly stock, also from what i understand the np205 is good too. there are lost of other options like a dana 300 but that will need a flip kit to make it drive drop...its like 500 something last time i priced it. and i think your dana 30 is gonna be fine behind it. don't bail on using 4 wheel just cause the axle. it should be fine as long as you show some reserve on the trail..jsut a little!!! novak makes a mount and so does advance adaptors, and some others but i think novak really specializes with chevy conversions, as a matter of fact they give oyu all the strength facts with the axles and tcases and what not...heres the link

http://www.novak-adapt.com/

have fun and good luck...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah guys I looked at both those sites already, and the adapter to my jeep's t-case is like $480.00 bucks! thats insane... i'd rather put a chvy case on it and spend the money on good drive shafts. is'nt there any chvy case that will bolt to a th350? what about chvy light trucks from the late 70's? or what other vehicles did chvy have that were 4x4 and used a th350? but, if it has to be the adapter then i guess thats what it has to be...o'hh and the motor will produce around 300hp it's a guess from what i've heard about how i have it set up. all standard overhauling has been done, w/ edelbrk eps intake- matched cam and lifters (eps) edlebrk perform elec choke carb-elec. fan- serp. belt set up. i know, its not injected...but its all my budget could allow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
roll with the np205 and get yourself a twin stick kit. or...you could always look into the 203/205 doubler combo. :punk:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so....forgive me but what is a twin stick kit? and while were at it,...whats a doubler combo?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if its not a straight forward application (ie. adapter or factory joinable t-case) i dont want it (unless its near bullet-proof) i dont like divorced set-ups or really "backyard" cobbling.

·
Registered
95 Posts
so....forgive me but what is a twin stick kit? and while were at it,...whats a doubler combo?
the 205 case was commonly found behind a 350 trans....

a'here ya go quick example search....

twin sticks for the 205

http://www.offroad-tech.com/tech/twinstick205/

doubler setup for 203/205

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/drivetrain/129_0705_transfer_case_doubler_kit/index.html

here's my heep as it was a few weeks ago....running a chevy 350 on propane, 350 trans, and 205 case w/ twin sticks, 60 front/14 bolt rear, full hydro kit in the brown truck on it's way to my house. :punk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts