Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the tallest Duratrac I can get without it going past the fender flares. Live where it gets cold and sometimes considerable snow and ice and this is major reason for going with these as opposed to a Toyo ATII.

Currently have a 2015 JKU Sahara. 3.73 with LSD and a 2.5" Teraflex Body Boost. Have 1.5" spacers on the stock Duelers right now.

Will be going to a 9" wheel after the duelers wear out.

Wish they had Duratracs in a 285/75.

Sticking with 18" wheels.

Goodyear advertises these sizes:
275/70R18 = 33.4"
285/70/R18 = 33.0 " (don't know how these can be shorter than 275)
295/65/R18 = 33.1"

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Live where it gets cold and sometimes considerable snow and ice and this is major reason for going with these as opposed to a Toyo ATII.
Not sure I understand that statement... I got rid of DTs on 2 vehicles and went KO2 and ATII. I live at 7200 feet elevation and would say we get a lot of snow compared to most. In best to worse order I have ATII first and DTs last.

But sticking out past the fender is both width (265-295+) and rim backspacing. If you are looking to not stick out past your flares, as an example, I run 285 width ATII, which are narrower than my old DTs 285s (see the picture), and have 5.2 BS rims and they are just flush with the edge of the flare.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'd like to know this as well, even though the Goodyear site claims at least a 8.9 on the winter weather traction. Mere words of course, need hard proof from those who run with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts