Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some quick help - what size torx head are the bolts on the door hinges?? looking to take the doors off :) out shopping for the right size now! Definitely not a T40 as I have that and it seems way to small. Help!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
t50 for the doors. i was looking for mine today but its lost and i have to get another.

On a side note, how many of you all tighten the bolts back up after putting the doors in? I tend to leave them off. I don't see a reason for them to be in the their if the door is shut and sealed.

·
Registered
592 Posts
landi jeep said:
t50 for the doors. i was looking for mine today but its lost and i have to get another.

On a side note, how many of you all tighten the bolts back up after putting the doors in? I tend to leave them off. I don't see a reason for them to be in the their if the door is shut and sealed.
Good time to remind people to hold onto the doors once you remove the straps...lets control the dents

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Yes, hold the door, or at least park facing a slight incline.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm always home when I take the doors off and I have a heavy blanket I keep in the garage. I toss it across the cowl when I remove the doors just for peace of mind. Oh, and my Obama rape magnet comes in handy too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts