Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have a bit of extra scratch and can get my slave cylinder for my external slave conversion on my 89 wrangler, only thing is I'm not totally sure what setup to get, I have an ax5 with external slave but I have no idea what year the trans is and I have no idea if that is going to be an issue or not, but I wanna get the master and slave setup that is already filled and bled, any idea what one I should get? A link or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
The year of your tranny shouldnt be a problem, it's the bell housing that makes the difference for internal or external slave and the bolt patterns for the engine didnt change. So as long as youre putting it behid a 2.5l you should be fine. I've never seen a prefilled and bled setup but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The external is a lot easiest to bleed than the internal unit. You'll be looking at a '93 and newer for your parts. The master cylinder should be the same but they recommend changing it anyway.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The year of your tranny shouldnt be a problem, it's the bell housing that makes the difference for internal or external slave and the bolt patterns for the engine didnt change. So as long as youre putting it behid a 2.5l you should be fine. I've never seen a prefilled and bled setup but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The external is a lot easiest to bleed than the internal unit. You'll be looking at a '93 and newer for your parts. The master cylinder should be the same but they recommend changing it anyway.
Yeah, they have them. I just recently replaced mine last year. Slicker than sliced bread. Both master and slave already hooked up and already bled. it is a 20 min swap. Leave the plastic strap on the slave until it is bolted in.
Then the first push on the clutch it will break and the slave rod will fall in it's resting place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome guys thank you, just any idea where to get one for a good price? I see them around for all different prices

1 - 4 of 4 Posts