Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonna be a long journey, But im already in the woods in my mind.....so got to keep going. I just bought a 1992 YJ. Needs some upgrades.I am looking to put a new soft top on it......I am gathering that besttop makes a good top......Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What top do you prefer for the long run? Thx once again for any and all help on this.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm in the same boat as manwithplan.

I'm also wondering about bikini tops

I have a 87 with factory soft top

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love my supertop from bestop. It's really easy to take on and off. Oh and there are no snaps to break!
Does it come with everything I need to just put on my frame? Or how does that work. This is my first jeep at 50 years old. Im trying to make it right. I dont know alot about them....P.S. Where is a good place to buy it at? Thx again

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Bestops are the best but if you're on a budget, Pavement Ends makes a pretty solid factory replacement top. The previous owner of my '95 installed the Replay with tinted rear windows and as far as I can tell, it fits on the factory hardware and I've had no issues with leaks or tears.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Bestops are the best but if you're on a budget, Pavement Ends makes a pretty solid factory replacement top. The previous owner of my '95 installed the Replay with tinted rear windows and as far as I can tell, it fits on the factory hardware and I've had no issues with leaks or tears.
I'm kinda on a budget, But I have stretched the crap out of it......In the past 2 days I bought 15x10 ION alloy wheels, Goodyear duratrac 33 tires. 5 of each. gonna purchase a 4---4.5 " lift kit, and a top....I reckon I will just go with bestop......See how it comes out....This is the jeep I am gonna transform. Will post after pics in a couple weeks also.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts