Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I replaced my 09 wrangler Sahara D30 with a new d44 Spicer with the model number of #10010521. Running into a problem with not being able to use a normal stabilizer shock. From what I see is I can still use the stock end that is on the bar but for the axle it looks like it has a hole to use a bolt style shock for the steering.

Has any one used this kind of axle before? And recommendation of the type of shock to use? I love fox Racing or bilstein shock but can't find one of that style. I have posted some pictures of what I have in my 09 wrangler sahara.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it has a raised mount. Why cant you run the regular shock? Not really understanding your post?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well the stock mount has a bolt area to install a normal shock stabalizer. This one appears to have a shock stabalizer mount that uses a thread type end and then the other side attaches to the normal stabalizer mount

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you use a longer bolt through one of the holes ? Im thinking that other bracket is for hydro assist or something not a regular SS.

Like this

[iurl="http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3739377&d=1504568787"]
[/iurl]

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well my main problem is I don't have that extra bolt hole below to attach it. I only have that one hole on that sperate area

Attachments

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Well my main problem is I don't have that extra bolt hole below to attach it. I only have that one hole on that sperate area

You just need a Shock mount stud as pictured in the picture from kjeeper10 (or 2 1/2" shouldered Bolt) to bolt into that upper hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah kjeeper I found the same jeep on Google images you found that has my axle and used a stud steering stabilizer. Looks like I will have to go this route to get it

Although I do have a rough country relocation bracket coming in for jk''s on weds day so I will see if I can manage to make that fit due to the fact that I love my fox Racing SS but I guess if it doesn't work out I will have to get that rancho one or something else

1 - 11 of 11 Posts