Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my first yj and was wondering if anyone had some suspension suggestions. I will be using this jeep mostly on road, with the occasional light off road jaunt. I really don't want a large lift, 1-2 inches is fine. I want something with decent ride quality, the shocks in it right now are close to dead. Also while I'm down there what else should I replace to keep my jeep's suspension happy.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
welcome yj brotha.

a 2.5" suspension lift will look real nice w/ some 31 or 32 inch tires. check out the yj lift review thread in the yj section, that will give you an idea of how each company seems to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would go with either RC 2.5" lift. its fairly cheap and from what I hear they have fixed the sagging problems with the last springs. Also look into the 4" lift. Same price and it will save you money if you decide to go larger which almost always ends up happening. you can also fit some 33's under there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
with a 4" lift you start running in to other costs though such as the need for an sye and things like that honestly unless you flex alot i would stay with the 2.5 rc i am looking at that one for myself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts