Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jeep is a 2005 model and i have only put about 1000 miles on it so far but the temp gauge reads about 210 or 220 all the time. The Jeep has 17,000 miles on it, 6 cylinder.
Is this normal for Jeeps to run this hot?

·
Registered
489 Posts
same here, maybe a touch below it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah thats what they run at man, a good thing to think of is if a vehicle is running hot more than likely there would be a problem with the cooling system, if thats the case it probably wouldnt just stay at one temp. does it have the owners manual with it???

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
210 is the standard temp the 4.0 will run at. You dont' have to start worrying about it til it gets about 235 to 245 range. By then you will probably hearing coolant bubbling.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
1BLKJP said:
210 is the standard temp the 4.0 will run at. You dont' have to start worrying about it til it gets about 235 to 245 range. By then you will probably hearing coolant bubbling.
Exactly. About the only time it'll run closer to the 195 degrees the thermostat opens at is in super-cold conditions. :)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
gremlinsteve said:
personaly, i dont like em running that hot.
180 is fine with me all day long. the heat is for emissions, nothing more.

steve
You may personally not like it but that's how they're designed to run now. They actually run most efficiently at 190-210 degrees, and those temps don't faze the engines or the modern engine oils inside them. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
260 is way to much i know from personal exp. when i blew my rad. i put a 180 therm in place of the 195 one and now my it runs around 200 which pleases me.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
baboonhands87 said:
260 is way to much i know from personal exp. when i blew my rad. i put a 180 therm in place of the 195 one and now my it runs around 200 which pleases me.
Since a 195 degree thermostat is already wide open at 195 degrees, let alone 200 degrees, how could it make a difference? My TJ runs right at just below to just over 200 with its 195 degree thermostat. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
the one i had in it was ****ed up hard core it didnt open until 235, and for the new one its only 15 degree diff but the water gets there sooner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts