Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to lifts and the Jeep. I now have a 2012 JKU Rubicon and been reading up on what folks have done for good overall 2.5" set-up. I spoke to a fella at TF he suggested...

"The 2.5 coil lift (not sure of new shocks or just adapters) with a front track bar and front lower control arms as I want it adjustable so things can be aligned/set-up properly and a .5" spacer up front to even out the front and support bumper/winch should I so decide."

In reading what others have put on, they mention rear track bars and flex arms.
Would a rear track bar be a good add-on?
What's the difference between flex arms and control arms? Is one or the other better and do they do the same thing?

This will be a daily driver and I won't be trying to climb big rocks and such but like the looks and in time getting it off-road as I get into the Jeep world more. Luvin' it so far.:dance:

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
NCflyer said:
New to lifts and the Jeep. I now have a 2012 JKU Rubicon and been reading up on what folks have done for good overall 2.5" set-up. I spoke to a fella at TF he suggested...

"The 2.5 coil lift (not sure of new shocks or just adapters) with a front track bar and front lower control arms as I want it adjustable so things can be aligned/set-up properly and a .5" spacer up front to even out the front and support bumper/winch should I so decide."

In reading what others have put on, they mention rear track bars and flex arms.
Would a rear track bar be a good add-on?
What's the difference between flex arms and control arms? Is one or the other better and do they do the same thing?

This will be a daily driver and I won't be trying to climb big rocks and such but like the looks and in time getting it off-road as I get into the Jeep world more. Luvin' it so far.:dance:

Thanks all
Go to my profile and look at the thread title d "track bar?"
Similar questions I had. The thread answered them all .... Ken

This one

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/new-adj-track-bars-127505.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts