Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my air filter after some spirited splashy action and "discovered" these tubes coming off of the air intake. The one outlined in green has a tank like thingy at the bottom. What are they and what do they do?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've seen those also. My guess would be a catch for water that would allow for evaporation.

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured they were either a noise reduction or something to do with a water catch of some sort...

·
Registered
784 Posts
My understanding is that those are acoustic chambers that quiet the noise coming out of your intake. They counteract certain resonances.
Ding, ding, ding. Winner, winner, chicken dinner....

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
My understanding is that those are acoustic chambers that quiet the noise coming out of your intake. They counteract certain resonances.
Bingo! We have a winner....

That is my understanding also. Here's a good photo of them stolen from ...ahem...another forum:

AIr THingys.jpg

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yep, they eliminate intake 'honk'.

·
Retired Moderator
100,654 Posts
This......^............

·
Registered
195 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts