Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we all find interesting stuff working on these old jeeps. I thought it might be fun to have a thread to show all the unbelievable stuff we find. Please let us know if it was still working when you found what you did...it amazing that some of this stuff still works..

So attached are the pics of my sending unit...my brother was using this jeep for farm use before I started my resto. My guess is he didnt want to go to town or was to drunk to when he "rebuilt" the sending unit.Technically the jeep still ran but he had to add an electric fuel pump once the lawn mower filter finally stopped up. So yes it was running the mechanical and an electric one. Although I am sure the electric one was added a few weeks later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Well, there was this crazy homemade half cab that used salvaged travel trailer siding and plywood pop riveted to the main hoop of the rollbar.

And this sweet throttle cable mount made out of a door hinge

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
http://www.quotesfrenzy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Life-Love-Quotes-*******-Ingenuity-Cruising-With-All.jpg

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Not much that I've found so far. Sunflower seeds under the carpet, and loads of dried mud on the underside, that may be my fault though.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
My crankshaft position sensor was held on with zip ties from the PO....... Ran great but thew a code every over and a while ;)
PO lost some headlight pins and the bent the housing so one light was all bugeyed. I fashioned a zip tie device until summer where I can rip off the grille and solve the problem for real with a fabbed up housing that is much easier than the stock setup.

·
Registered
current: 07 JKUR previous: totaled 93 yj after new engine and tranny perfect timing!
162 Posts
I've got one of those switches as well.. Also found ammunition when I pulled up the carpet for inspection.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I was flipping through the owners manual last night and found several pictures of the POs kids and a picture of the cross on the inside cover. Not sure what the cross was about.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Earl, it goes jeep, god, country then family for the order of precedence.
lol, it was just weird finding them, like dot you want your pictures of your kids back before you sell it? Also, brownie points for putting Jeep first.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No rigged parts or tools, but I did find a snake coiled up under the rear seat. I could smell him, but took a while to find him. Non poisonous rat snake, but he was sent packing just the same.

·
Registered
225 Posts
lol, it was just weird finding them, like dot you want your pictures of your kids back before you sell it? Also, brownie points for putting Jeep first.
I bear witness to no false idols. I went a about year between my TJ and my YJ, I will never go without having at least one jeep ever again, if I have a say in the matter. I can't even think of what my methodone would be.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts