Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd start a fun thread. What tire cover do you have? I know I'm gonna get shit for this but I'm a UK alum so... GO CATS!

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've thought about getting on with the USAF SF flash on it, but just haven't felt like spending the cash. So the tire is going naked.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I always use a standard US Military Alice Pack cover. They come in woodland camo, three color desert and 6 color chocolate chip pattern. You can usually get them for under $10.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I always use a standard US Military Alice Pack cover. They come in woodland camo, three color desert and 6 color chocolate chip pattern. You can usually get them for under $10.
^^^This^^^

Although I believe they are MOLLE II covers as I don't think Alice packs had them yet. But back on track....I'll post a picture later today but I too use the USGI pack covers (I bought several of them...all Woodland) they are waterproof and fit great. I paid 9.50 (shipped) for mine on e-bay.

I have been thinking about putting a grommet at the bottom to drain the water that enters from the back of the tire as it tends to pool up during hard rains or when I wash the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Ran across an older full size GMC van that had the covered spare.....pulled cover off...tire looked horrible and the wheel wasn't much better...tire was dry-rotted and cracked, checkered, the wheel mounts/ lug nuts all rusted and looked weak....questioned the practicality/ wisdom of using that rusty wheel even in an emergency, assuming someone replaced the tire before it was needed.

Did a little checking and found the heat retained in the summer because of the cover, and salt and moisture from rain snow etc. encouraged the rapid deterioration of the tire and wheel.

First thing I did with our '12 JK was take off the cover.....considered getting a cover for my TJ way back when, just for the "signage ability", I rotate all 5 on both Jeeps and the 5th on the TJ is usually in the garage unless I am headed off road. Tires and wheels cost to much IMO to just be a billboard for a cute saying or to advertise for something else.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts