Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided I want nitto trail grappler tires I just don't know what size is best for my jeep.. I'm really looking at 33s adding 1.5 spider trex nd getting some new wheels with 4.5 back spacing maybe modifying fenders if I have to... I know I don't ever want 35s jus too big for my taste... I plan on using my jeep for work and off-roading at least 5 times a year. The course near me is mudd heavy so I've focus on the nitto cause they are well balance from what I researched... I'm new to the jeep family so I might probably sound like I don't know what I'm talking about... But wheels and tires is definitely my first project. Please give me some helpful advice

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
708 Posts
Mark my words, If you wheel more than once a year you will want 35s. You will get 33s and almost immediately have regrets. Save yourself the buyers remorse and get the 35s.

You're welcome ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with the 295 (33") Trail Grapplers and haven't had any regrets (granted I don't do a lot of off-roading). 35s look nice, but given the cost of a regear they can wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with the 295 (33") Trail Grapplers and haven't had any regrets (granted I don't do a lot of off-roading). 35s look nice, but given the cost of a regear they can wait.
What is not alot offroading? And what exactly is your setup and cost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark my words, If you wheel more than once a year you will want I 5s. You will get 33s and almost immediately have regrets. Save yourself the buyers remorse and get the 35s.

You're welcome ;)
What exactly would be buyers remorse the performance or look? I actually like the smaller look and i will not be doing anything to difficult as far as offroading...

·
Registered
646 Posts
33's and wheels with 4.5 backspacing will work well with a leveling kit. Might have to trim the air dam on the front (or just get rid of it).

If you decide to go bigger later you can always sell what you put on first, and build it bigger. Many of us have done that.

Wine Country was just trying to save you time and money. Lots of us have thought we would never go bigger and liked the smaller look, then we wheeled them and changed our minds..........

Also don't understand why everyone thinks you MUST regear. I drove mine for a year with 35's and 3.21's with the lowly 3.8. Sure it was a dog, but it drove just fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wheels/Tires & 2" BDS spacer lift (with shocks) was around 4K including installation. As far as the off-roading I've only had it on some poorly maintained dirt roads/trails, no real obstacles.

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
708 Posts
What exactly would be buyers remorse the performance or look? I actually like the smaller look and i will not be doing anything to difficult as far as offroading...
And you may very well be one of the very few that wheels their Jeep and is perfectly happy on 33s. If so, more power to ya! I'm just going off what I have read on countless forum posts time and time again..."got 33's and within 3 months I traded up for 35's..." etc.

Will you be just fine offroad with 33's and 2.5" of lift? Likely, yes. Will the "bigger tire" bug bite you very soon after you get 33's? I guess we will just wait and see! :bop:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts