·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 yj renegade with 4" skyjacker lift with new jk sahara rums and tires
Next upgrade is BFG KO2

Should I go for the
285/65/R18 or the bigger 305/65/18
The 305 will look better but i am afraid going from a 29" stock tires to a 33" tire will seriously hurt drivability

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
93 yj renegade with 4" skyjacker lift with new jk sahara rums and tires
Next upgrade is BFG KO2

Should I go for the
285/65/R18 or the bigger 305/65/18
The 305 will look better but i am afraid going from a 29" stock tires to a 33" tire will seriously hurt drivability
Yes, it will. Big tires and wheels are just for looks. They impress the unknowing masses, but play hell with drivability and reliablity, not to mention your wallet. Im sure you got a smoking deal on the jk rims, but there are much better ways to do this.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
What do you suggest?
A pet favorite on 16s is the 235/85R16. Its basically a 32.4x9.50. They can be found pretty cheap. Mounted on some liberty rims would be good looking. I had this setup on my Rubicon.

Normally i would say smaller but you already have a four inch lift and a six cylinder so these would me max.

I would really just get some 31s on six spoke jeep steel wheels. 30s would look a little small with all that lift.

·
Supporting Member
2,837 Posts
A pet favorite on 16s is the 235/85R16. Its basically a 32.4x9.50. They can be found pretty cheap. Mounted on some liberty rims would be good looking. I had this setup on my Rubicon. Normally i would say smaller but you already have a four inch lift and a six cylinder so these would me max. I would really just get some 31s on six spoke jeep steel wheels. 30s would look a little small with all that lift.
Not many choices in that size and majority are load range e cause they are a dually size

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Not many choices in that size and majority are load range e cause they are a dually size
No choices of cool kid tires, thats for sure. But thats no biggie.
Load range e, again, is not for the cool kids, just people that dont want any sidewall issues in the middle of nowhere.
Dually size means you can find a spare or replacement in any podunk town in the US. Cool kid sizes are expensive and hard to find if you are jammed up.

But, thats just me. Im not a cool kid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts