Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of part should I buy to have snowboards on a rack on the roof?

Anything I should buy at dealer or purely aftermarket?

·
Registered
876 Posts
What type of part should I buy to have snowboards on a rack on the roof?

Anything I should buy at dealer or purely aftermarket?
Sportsman's Guide just sent an email and I saw this. It might help. Do you have a roof rack already? Soft, or hard top?

50 Something

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I"ll be getting a 13' with a hardtop. I'm assuming I need two things. 1) the bars to put on the top. Then a separate rack for the boards.

I'm not sure what #1 is.

I'll take a look at: Cargo & Sport Racks - Quadratec thanks :)

Is there a rack that I can put on a hard-top that doesn't require any modification? It just "snaps in?"

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
en1ma said:
Is there a rack that I can put on a hard-top that doesn't require any modification? It just "snaps in?"
Unfortunately only the 4 door has something that'll "snap in"

If you have a 4 door you will only need the 58" bars, ski/snowboard clamps, and a rain gutter foot kit. If you have a 2 door tho you can get a Thule or Yakima track kit, a full external cage, or artificial rain gutters. The 3rd option is the one I opted for

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
  • This is what I am using. It is from Yakima. They caution you that the gutters are not the strongest but fine for snowboards...
  • I added a fairing also to cut the vibration.
  • The 1A gutter mounts have been around forever and garage sales or Craigslist are great places to find them cheap.
Your Rack for your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Top

Now that you've built the rack, it's time to add it to your cart. This rack system is built for your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Top, but it is always a good idea to check specific fit notes for products.

1A RAINGUTTER System

• MSRP $245.00 USD

(No reviews)

If your car has raingutters, this is the base system tower for you.

This rack system contains these products to fit on your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Top:
  • 1A Raingutter
  • 58" CrossBars

NEW FatCat 6

• MSRP $229.00 USD

(No reviews)

Qty.

A sleek, low-profile rooftop carrier that can accommodate the fattest skis and snowboards out there.

$474.00MSRP
USD

Add To Cart
Your Car

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Top
  • Naked Roof
  • Snow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts