Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get into the Jeep world, I need a JK 4 door but I am conflicted. Not much money in my bank account, should I get an older one with the 3.8L or save up a bit and get one with the 3.6L

How much better is the 3.6L? is it worth the money and the wait? Can I superchip the 3.8L? What are the major differences between the two? Will I even notice? The new to me Jeep will be a daily driver that I would like to put a lift and larger tires on but not a ton of off roading will be done with it.

Thanks for any insight people can give

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
If finances are tight, I'd save up first, then get something with a 3.6. There really is a noticeable difference between the two. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
A friend of mine has a 3.8 and drove my 3.6 for the first time last week. Now he's selling his 3.8 and buying a 3.6...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done and done. broke the bank and ordered a brand new Sahara exactly the way I wanted it. Problem is I need a part time job now. Oh well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Done and done. broke the bank and ordered a brand new Sahara exactly the way I wanted it. Problem is I need a part time job now. Oh well.
You only live once so why not live it in a jeep you want!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts