Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
i am fluent in kryptonian
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a bonus $350 and want to do something to my jeep. so could yall help me out with some recomendations? i dont mind spending a little extra, no more then $450 total though. heres what i already have

hi lift jack
winch
grab handles
recovery straps/equipment
air compressor
various tools/emergency equip

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hurculiner. Save it and wait on something you might really want or need later. Or if you HAVE to spend it get you a little sound system going.

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gonna get 2.5" rancho lift but shocks and coils are gonna be about $700. i was thinking about getting half my bumper/tire carrier as each part is like @375 but idk...

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I'd buy the basic stuff. Your gonna need a air compressor, tow straps, etc. regardless of what you do the jeep. I added some links for reference. But I agree with Lariatryder...don't buy it just because it is cheap or you will be buying it again.

Air Compressor:
4 Wheel Drive Hardware Search-RH1
There's $80.

Tow Straps:
Tow Strap by Teraflex and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH1
There's $60

Fire Extinguisher:
FireAde 2000 Fire Extinguisher and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH1
There's $30

Maybe a few other things and $100 or so in the jeep wish list fund.

I did buy this winch but it is entry level but priced fair. But again may not be what you want.
http://ok4wd.com/superwinch-lp8500-electric-winch.html $380 with shipping.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D If you're married, treat your wife to something GREAT-

It'll do a lot for your future jeep mods !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Jeeponator
1,413 Posts
Agree with the lights suggestion. If the bumper is the one you plan on getting anyway that sounds like a good idea, unless you are missing out on a significant discount for buying them together.

Hard to say without knowing how you use your Jeep but some other ideas:
Bikini Top
Cover for when top is off and it rains
CB Radio
Tire Deflators
Security Console

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
:D If you're married, treat your wife to something GREAT-

It'll do a lot for your future jeep mods !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

:rofl: You are a very smart man! :)

OP, I'd look into some armor..... Oil pan skid, etc....

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres what i already have

hi lift jack
winch
grab handles
recovery straps/equipment
air compressor
various tools/emergency equip
thanks for all the advice everyone. i think ive narrowed it down to rocksliders and cb. i also already have the cover for when the top is down. and im not married thats why i have extra cash lol =D if yall think of anything else before next weekend let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts