Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a new set of wheels and tires on order, so now I need to sell the factory wheels and tires. I only have about 1900 miles on these, so they are almost brand new. For those of you that have sold the factory wheels and tires, did you have better luck selling them as a mounted set, or splitting the tires and wheels and selling them separately?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I sold mine as a set for $800 by word of mouth to someone I knew fixed up jeeps on the side. Mine had about 30k on them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I sold my (5) stock Willys wheels/tires as a set within 2hrs of listing them this past weekend. $1000 for 2k miles.

Before I sold them, they were great as a table...

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
They definitely have some value. Love the wheels and tires table idea though. If my Sahara had the wheels with the large circular holes, I would be interested, but I have the polished chrome spoke wheels which I like on the Anvil color.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
What to do? Well you could post them in the JK Discussion forum, and get ten times the traffic, until they are sold:tomatoes:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sold mine for $1,000 with 50 miles rubicon hardrock set on Craigslist.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sold my (5) stock Willys wheels/tires as a set within 2hrs of listing them this past weekend. $1000 for 2k miles.

Before I sold them, they were great as a table...

My wife wants a new kitchen table....maybe I won't sell them..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been looking on CL, bc I want some of those wheels.. and they do seem to get 800-1000 with tires mounted here in the south. Seems like the going rate everywhere based on responses here.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
For those of you that have sold the factory wheels and tires, did you have better luck selling them as a mounted set, or splitting the tires and wheels and selling them separately?
IMHO, selling them as a ready-to-go ("plug and play") set, where the new owner can simply mount them onto their Jeep and drive, is the best way to sell them.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
If I had the time, I'll troll craigslist and fill a shed with these things. Front bumpers, too. Maybe I'm wrong, but principles of supply and demand suggest that these things will double in value in a few years when JL manufacturing is established and the JKs are all pretty beat up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sold my set of 5 Willys wheels with mounted tires on Craig's List for $800. They had no TPMS and 12,000 miles on them. Only took about a week to sell them.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Sold my Hard Rock wheels/tires mounted for $1200 in a few days. It was a set of 5 with TPMS and 900 miles. Sold it to a guy who put them on a 04 Cherokee. He had to use 4.5/5.0 wheel spacers, but it looked really good when he did it. Tires almost didn't fit in his wheel well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Full set ready to roll it is. I ordered new wheels and tires ready to go so the stockers will get sold as a ready to go set. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sold the stock KM tires (only) off my Hard Rock for $600 on Craigslist. Less than 100 miles on them. They sold within hours.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If I had the time, I'll troll craigslist and fill a shed with these things. Front bumpers, too. Maybe I'm wrong, but principles of supply and demand suggest that these things will double in value in a few years when JL manufacturing is established and the JKs are all pretty beat up.
I tried to sell complete front and rear bumpers on CL. At least 10-15 others for sale for JK in this area. Ended up trading for a case of beer yesterday. :beerme:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Too bad you're in Texas, I'm looking for a set

1 - 20 of 27 Posts