Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a leftover 15' JKU Rubicon. I'm new to the jeep world but have been researching ever since the idea of owning a Jeep. Now that I have one, I already want to start building it up...

That being said, I have the MaxCare warranty and don't want to do anything that will potentially void any parts of the warranty. This is also a daily driver and will only see light to medium offroading maybe once a month in the summer and some beach driving...

So this is what I have been thinking of doing:

1: MetalCloak fenders with 35" tires and stubby front bumper - NO Lift
(Thinking, I will retain my stockers in case some goes wrong, ill swap the wheels out, and the dealership will never know i had 35's on it...)

2: Risk putting on a AEV spacer kit, 33's with Spacers, and stubby bumper...

3. Mopar 2" lift - Dealer Installed, and get it in writing that it wont void warranty on say the "Transmission / engine." (I know that the parts which are swapped out will no longer be covered by the MaxCare.)

Any thoughts or suggestions??? As stated, I'm new to the jeep world but want to do something to increase the stance/appearance and get rid of the "Stock Look." :)

Thanks !!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have a leveling lift, 33's and various other mods and have never had a problem getting warranty work done. Just had mine in for 2.5 days getting the radiator, oil cooler and heater core changed and again never a problem. I have an extended gold plan warranty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that look alot, and wouldn't have to change the front bumper right away !

Im assuming it does fine for light offroading. It doesnt rub the stock fenders with the leveling kit or did you add bumpstops ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Say if I do 2" AEV spacer lift , 33x12.5R16 , 16x8.5 wheel , with 4.5 backspace, Would i need wheels spacers and / or Bumpstops ? That is with Stock fenders and bumpers...

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Say if I do 2" AEV spacer lift , 33x12.5R16 , 16x8.5 wheel , with 4.5 backspace, Would i need wheels spacers and / or Bumpstops ? That is with Stock fenders and bumpers...
The AEV spacer lift comes with bump stops and the 4.5 back spaced wheels do not use wheel spacers. That's a good set up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do i have to disconnect the drive shaft to do the aev spacer
Lift ? If so, can some one point me to a link that may show the instructions?

I see in the aev pdf instructions where it says reconnect drive shaft
But didnt see when and how to disconnect it. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts