Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
does it? really? :sarcastic: I haven't noticed :) At some point I started thinking that it was either just a selling schpeel or the changes were so minimal and unnoticeable that I started questioning me spending that money. To give it some benefit though - it did sound cool :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
The additional power really wont be that noticeable in throttle response, I have a 92 YJ with a 2.5 as well. I added a 4.0 throttle body (bolts directly to the 2.5) K&N intake, performance plugs, wires, distributer etc, header (more air in, more air out) and STILL not much drastic change. Im currently collecting my parts for a 350 swap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
my friend put a TB spacer in his 2.5L and he said it was money wasted, there wasn't a noticeable gain in anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The K&N FIPK cold-air-intake works great on our jeep, but we've got the 4.0. We gained one and a half mpg with that intake, but like I said, 4.0 here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A wind sail will not help with anything for the 2.5. Anyone that post anything on here that they done this or done that and got this drastic MPG is full of it. I have seen people spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars and gain 1/2 MPG. They are a work horse mule motor. You cannot get any economy out of these motors other than endurance. They are tough but suck when it comes to economy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The additional power really wont be that noticeable in throttle response, I have a 92 YJ with a 2.5 as well. I added a 4.0 throttle body (bolts directly to the 2.5) K&N intake, performance plugs, wires, distributer etc, header (more air in, more air out) and STILL not much drastic change. Im currently collecting my parts for a 350 swap.
Like I posted before, ALL the stuff I added and still nothing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm ok. and i heard k&n filters suck by a couple reviews. it lets more dust and dirt in than some other ones

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I lost mpg when I put all these "performance" mods on...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts