Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i understand that to some posters on here that an extra $600.00 is not hard to come by, but with the HUGE salary of a police officer this is a pretty good amount to me. the problem is now that i have it i have to figure out what to spend it on. i understand that money is better spent on performance and functionality than cosmetics but i use my jeep as a dd and its only off-road a couple times a month (hints my "street"lock wheels). i have found a great deal on a bumper set and can get front and rear SRC bumpers for under $600.00 with a little $ to spare for another set of hella's on the front bumper. or i can get the Rough Country basic 4" lift like i have wanted for awhile. i have gone back and forth between the two all day and cant seem to talk myself into pulling the trigger on one. i already have a 2.25 spacer lift and part of me thinks that the bumpers suit my style of driving more than the lift would, but the other part of me wants that damn 4"!. just wanted to get some thoughts...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
A good 4" lift cost more than $600. Bigger lifts will make you get bigger tires, or it will look stupid. If $600 is your budget, either get the bumpers or keep saving to do it right with a full suspension system, tires, SYE. Good luck
Code 4

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree....lift = bigger tires, and both together are way more than $600. I say save a little more and do the lift/tires cuz that itch for the 4 inches won't go away!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree....lift = bigger tires, and both together are way more than $600. I say save a little more and do the lift/tires cuz that itch for the 4 inches won't go away!
i understand that, but i am just talking about buying the lift itself for right now. i have a set of 33" just sitting around waiting on the lift. i also have a buddy who runs a rough country and has had no problems with it at all. i can pick it up at the factory here in TN for $529. he does not have anything other than the included components and it rides great...

lift= $529
install=$0
tires=$0

with that said what do you think? i am just thinking that with the 2.25 inches i already have and considering i dont go off pavement that often that the bumpers might give me more of all around "stage one" jeep. then, later, when i can save enough i will have all the cosmetic touches that i like already paid for.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Bumpers are purely cosmetic, stock bumpers work fine especially if you trim em a bit.
I definitely understand being on a budget, I would spend money on things you simply can't make or modify yourself.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cosmetic

not for sure i agree with ya 100% there. aftermarket bumpers have the benifits...

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
benefits of?
What do you want em to do?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i say go for bumpers unless your gonna get a 3" suspension with 1" BL cause at 4" suspension its really good to get a sye/cv

·
Registered
137 Posts
i understand that, but i am just talking about buying the lift itself for right now. i have a set of 33" just sitting around waiting on the lift. i also have a buddy who runs a rough country and has had no problems with it at all. i can pick it up at the factory here in TN for $529. he does not have anything other than the included components and it rides great...

lift= $529
install=$0
tires=$0

with that said what do you think? i am just thinking that with the 2.25 inches i already have and considering i dont go off pavement that often that the bumpers might give me more of all around "stage one" jeep. then, later, when i can save enough i will have all the cosmetic touches that i like already paid for.

Oh, didn't know you had 33's. Personally I would go for the lift. I just put a lift on mine and got 33's and i love it.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
What about this scenario? You already have 2.25 Spacers on there with 32's. So considering that you don't do a serious amount of wheeling what about adding a 1" Body Lift so you can throw your 33's on there. Then you can sell your 32's and have plenty of money left over for your bumpers and probably enough to be well on your way to other mods for the future.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with 1BLKJP on the BL because your talking about spending 529.00 for a net of 1.75" of lift ? i ran BB & 2"BL for my 4" & 33's worked great! if your looking for the most bang for your buck bl would be the ticket you could still probably buy 1 bumper and some frame gap covers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually that sounds like a plan! are there any other components i would have to purchase after the body lift or would all the stock usual stock companents still be good to go? is there any other things i would need to worry about? any suggestions on which bl to go with? thanks for all the help...

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
actually that sounds like a plan! are there any other components i would have to purchase after the body lift or would all the stock usual stock companents still be good to go? is there any other things i would need to worry about? any suggestions on which bl to go with? thanks for all the help...
I would say to do a 1" Motor Mount Lift at the same time. It will put everything pefectly in line with your drivetrain after you do the Body Lift. As far as brands it varies. I run the Daystar full body mount replacement. Others run just 1" pucks on their stock body mounts, but combined I'd say you could do both the 1"BL and 1"MML for around 200 bucks and it would allow you to run your 33's.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A good bl should come with everything you need. Look for a bl that is a full replacement puck design that will replace the entire mount not one that doubles on top of your existing mount . :D

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
theres nothing wrong with one that doubles on the existing mount...JKS doubles on top and we all know that JKS is super good.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why not the type that stack? what would the difference be?

·
Registered
353 Posts
IMO its is another flex/brake point! BJ if walmart sells the same thing as target is targets better?:D just kidding!? buy whatever you want and you can afford:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just my 2 cents....If you go with the the BL to get your 33's on there, you might want to consider some quick disco's, they sure make the trail more fun when you do offroad.
Before I put on my suspension lift, I had 2" spacers on stock suspension and put my 33x 12.50 x 15's on there with only rubbing if I turned the fronts to full lock.
But WOW what a difference with sus. lift!

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,851 Posts
IMO its is another flex/brake point! BJ if walmart sells the same thing as target is targets better?:D just kidding!? buy whatever you want and you can afford:)
I would also like to see some fact to back up your theory. I've installed what seems like hundreds of JKS body lifts for many different types of wheelers.

I installed one on my rig.

I also installed it on my wifes rig.

2 rigs that see completely different styles of wheelin.

They have both been an install it and forget it modification.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts