Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
I agree. Then do a walk around, pop the hood and drive it. Then make sure everything they promised you is there. Don't take a we-owe on keys, floor mats, or anything else for that matter. I remember giving customers we-owes and then parts or service strung them along for weeks, sometimes months on end getting stuff for them. If the vehicle isn't right during delivery time don't sign anything, and don't be afraid to get up and walk out. Deposits should only be left on a credit card so it can be disputed if the need arises, and leave the least amount of money possible for a deposit.

Oh, don't take delivery at night, daytime is always better.
Lol, every Ram owner that wanted flexible mudflaps in the last two years! Probably like 20k owners out there that are owed those.

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts
Lol, every Ram owner that wanted flexible mudflaps in the last two years! Probably like 20k owners out there that are owed those.

Yep, and many of them got jerked around getting them. It happened to my buddy, and when he refused delivery they suddenly appeared from the parts department. Sometimes they'll come off another truck if the customer stands firm.

Reactions: 1597058

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great list and includes a couple things I wouldn’t have thought of. I might print it and bring it when I pick up this week.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Many thanks ************:

I actually used this list to take delivery of my wife's new JLU last week. Got lucky in that everything passed but as I was going thru the list I thought of the hassles I might have had even though the car is under warranty with some of the wear and tear items - like the leather, or dash, or paint.

W.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Typo?
"Make sure jeep doesn’t go to acc mode when foots I’m break"
What did he mean here?

Reactions: Numbercruncher

·
Registered
141 Posts
gkesseru:

You don't know about the ACC foot break option? Seriously? Everybody knows what this means. Been a standard option on Jeeps since 1962.

Tons of videos on it - just search.

W.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would not buy a JL with a mechanical issue. No matter how much they promise to fix it. I would go through the EVIC and all electronics. I sign papers on one I don't need to return before I buy it. They make more JL's every day, there is nothing special about the one on the lot other than that's the one the dealer wants you to take, today.
Unless it is a factory order you waited weeks for. Then you kind of want to take it home and may justify taking a faulty one as it is exactly the one you wanted. But buying off the lot, make sure it is 100% regardless.

NC

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Unless it is a factory order you waited weeks for. Then you kind of want to take it home and may justify taking a faulty one as it is exactly the one you wanted. But buying off the lot, make sure it is 100% regardless.

NC
If you special ordered it and waited for it, wait till it's fixed. When they have your money your leverage is gone. Your warranty starts when you buy it so don't buy it till it's fixed and you won't be paying for a jeep sitting in the service department. They will get it fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you special ordered it and waited for it, wait till it's fixed. When they have your money your leverage is gone. Your warranty starts when you buy it so don't buy it till it's fixed and you won't be paying for a jeep sitting in the service department. They will get it fixed ASAP.
I agree but was in a tough spot in 2015. I live in Washington State and ordered a new JK from a dealer in Wyoming. Drove down with my cousin to pick it up as he ordered one as well. After signing paperwork we went out to pair the phone to the blue tooth system. No go.

After some diagnosing they traced the problem to a faulty head unit. They could have one in three days or I could drive back to Spokane and have them take care of it. I decided to head out in my new JK and take care of it in Spokane. The Jeep was in the shop for seven weeks straight. I tried to lemon law out of it but by the time the attorneys reviewed my case, Chrysler found a workaround and told my attorneys they would take this to trial and win. So I took the sort of repaired Jeep back and sold it and lost about 8k.

I was majorly pissed about it but would never have thought about blue tooth pairing prior to signing paperwork and the dealer in Wyoming seemed genuine in having found the solution so I drove it home.

Looking to get a 2019 but I'm only 50-50 on the decision.

NC

·
Registered
111 Posts
Excellent advice!

·
Registered
75 Posts
You could do like I did. Take it home overnight before committing to it. Go over it. Hell I even washed the Sahara just so I could look at the body hands on. I kept my 2018 Sahara two days before committing to it by signing papers. I know not all dealers will do this but if you put a deposit down they ought to let you do it. I was buying a DEMO with 1400 miles on it. I wanted some time with it before I committed to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll second the suggestion of paying special mind of the steering/dead space issue that's plaguing a few of us. I factory ordered my Rubicon 2 door and picked up on 7/10/2019. This is my first Jeep and after leaving the dealership and getting it on the open road I started to notice the drifting. I too believed it was a "Jeep thing" but after researching the forums, it seem pretty prevalent. Even the current models are still having this issue. Hope FCA comes up with fix soon.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
gkesseru:

You don't know about the ACC foot break option? Seriously? Everybody knows what this means. Been a standard option on Jeeps since 1962.

Tons of videos on it - just search.

W.
As a bit of internet decorum, you shouldn't say stuff like "You don't know... Seriously?" It tends to come off as condescending. And, obviously, no not EVERYBODY knows what it is.

He was clearly not parsing the "when foots I'm brake" part. Which, I have to say, I can't parse either. It's probably supposed to be "when foot is ON the brake", but I really can't say.

As a side commentary, my wife's Pacifica manual mentions ACC mode and how to access it, but doesn't say what it is! Not very helpful.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control?
Well, yes, but not in this context. I suspect that it stands for "accessories" and it's a mode that the vehicle can be put in that powers the interior lights, radio, and other accessories without the engine running. Sort of like when you turn an ignition key halfway in most modern cars, so the power comes on but the engine doesn't start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some excellent pointers here. I hope to pickup my new 2020 JL in a few weeks and will definitely use these pointers before I take ownership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im also looking for a list of what is supposed to be included with a new JL (Rubicon in my case if that matters) that is considered 'removable' as in someone might have taken it out or it was never put in:

2 keys...is there also a valet?
is there supposed to be a Jeep key chain or is that something the dealer might just throw in
What manuals come with the car....I assume no 'CD' as was the norm a few years ago
Jack I know about
Lug wrench I know
Is there a tool bag with Jeeps like many Euro cars include? whats supposed to be in it?
do wheel locks come standard or are those dealer options?

anything else thats not attached that is supposed to be standard?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts