Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2021 JLU Sahara
53 Posts
I've never seen it or used it (ACC) in any vehicle, but I utterly cannot stand, absolutely LOATHE in fact, all these features wherein the vehicle is telling ME what to do. I AM the driver, dammit! The vehicle should be following MY commands, not the other way around!
It doesn't tell you what to do. It just constantly adjusts and you can feel it constantly slow/go. It's very annoying. It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers my wife, but I still dislike it big time, haha

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ah, thanks Aldo.

I haven't had a vehicle with cruise control in 25 years. In Alaska, cruise control is a mostly useless and frequently very dangerous crutch, and nobody in their right mind uses it here. We just don't have the kind of long, straight, level, and dry highways that make using cruise control more applicable elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
It doesn't tell you what to do. It just constantly adjusts and you can feel it constantly slow/go. It's very annoying. It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers my wife, but I still dislike it big time, haha
Wow. That would be very annoying.

The reasons I dislike ACC:
  1. I see drivers engage ACC and believe that they are now relieved from keeping focus on their driving. There is nothing more annoying than a vehicle with the ACC engaged blocking the passing lane.
  2. It invites other drivers to constantly sneak between you and the vehicle in front

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've been told by a state trooper that the majority of drivers who hit moose on the roads in Alaska have their cruise control on when they hit the moose. And there are STILL a certain number of idiots, every year, who for whatever insane reason will try to use their cruise control when the roads are icy, especially going into an uphill situation. You've got to be a special kind of clueless to not foresee what is going to happen while using cruise control under those circumstances.

Somebody please refresh my memory: Does the Willys Sport come with any version of cruise control? I was thinking it does not, but now I can't remember for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,801 Posts
I've been told by a state trooper that the majority of drivers who hit moose on the roads in Alaska have their cruise control on when they hit the moose. And there are STILL a certain number of idiots, every year, who for whatever insane reason will try to use their cruise control when the roads are icy, especially going into an uphill situation. You've got to be a special kind of clueless to not foresee what is going to happen while using cruise control under those circumstances.

Somebody please refresh my memory: Does the Willys Sport come with any version of cruise control? I was thinking it does not, but now I can't remember for sure.
According to Tommy at TFL, regular Cruise Control is included.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thank you, Aldo.

I'll probably never use it, but for some reason that was one feature that I simply overlooked or ignored n researching the 'lower' trim levels of Jeeps.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts