Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to have my 4.2 rebuilt in my 87. Is it is over 25 years old, so no emissions check, just safety inspection. I want to delete the smog box hoses and cap it at the exhaust since its missing anyway. I was wondering what I might need to keep and what else can be terminated? Also , installing the cable Axle Disconnect. Can I delete all of those old lines as well? Thanks in advance .

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Do a Google search for Nutter Bypass. There are two procedures, one for the original Carter carb and one for aftermarket carbs. The Nutter Bypass will allow you to remove all unneeded vacuum lines.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I am about to have my 4.2 rebuilt in my 87. Is it is over 25 years old, so no emissions check, just safety inspection. I want to delete the smog box hoses and cap it at the exhaust since its missing anyway. I was wondering what I might need to keep and what else can be terminated? Also , installing the cable Axle Disconnect. Can I delete all of those old lines as well? Thanks in advance .
If you swap out the carter for something else, everything except the vacuum advance and brake booster if you get rid of the 4x4 vacuum operated axle disconnect. If you keep the carter, then you'll have to figure what's necessary since I can't remember anymore.

I kept my EGR system so you'd have to find a diagram for that hook up if you keep it, or you can remove the vacuum lines and leave it in place and it won't do anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts