Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so any posting tips will be respected. Thanks in advance for your guidance. There are some very cool tips and tricks on this site. I wheel a stock 2006 TJ Wrangler Rubicon. The last set of tires I bought were 265/75 16 MTRs. They are about done, and I want to run 35s. I saw a post saying that with the Metal Cloak hi line fenders a Stock suspension TJ can run 35s! I am excited that this is possible. I am currently running stock rims, and in jumping from 245/75 16s to 265/75 16s I have a little undercarriage rub at full right and full left. If I go with the hi line fenders from MC, I imagine rid will only get worse with taller wider tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is my first post, so any posting tips will be respected. Thanks in advance for your guidance. There are some very cool tips and tricks on this site. I wheel a stock 2006 TJ Wrangler Rubicon. The last set of tires I bought were 265/75 16 MTRs. They are about done, and I want to run 35s. I saw a post saying that with the Metal Cloak hi line fenders a Stock suspension TJ can run 35s! I am excited that this is possible. I am currently running stock rims, and in jumping from 245/75 16s to 265/75 16s I have a little undercarriage rub at full right and full left. Even if i go with the hi line fenders from MC, I imagine the undercarriage rub will only get worse with a taller wider tire. What wheel offset will be required to eliminate that rub? I am hoping to run 35x12.5 15 BFG MTs. Am I on the right track?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
80 Posts
Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this. To run 35's at stock height with our fenders we have found that a 15x8 with 3-3.5" back space works best. You might still need to adjust the steering stops to keep the tire from contacting the sway bar on the front while turning. Every jeep is a little different and takes a little fine tuning to dial in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks much. My new fenders should ship today. New rims and tires are ordered. Gonna be a great weekend of wrenching. Thanks for the info. 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts