Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of trying to decide, I went with the OME 2" lift. Before I install it, should I use my extra money to buy adjustable track bars front and rear to avoid drilling holes and to get a more precise axle centering, or should I opt for front and rear lower control arms.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
If its a DD I would say trackbars, but if you plan on going offroad the controlarms are a benefit.
Any plans on disconnects?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
I would go for the trac bars. You don't want to have to start drilling holes in trac bar mounts. You can always upgrade your control arms, and add disconnects, later.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
Thats just what I needed to hear. JKS Disco's are already on the way for the front with extended links for the rear.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I run a 2" lift and you'll be fine with quick discos up front and adjustable track bars. Black Diamond bars are heavy duty and priced well. I think I paid about $120 each. I'd then look into rocker guards before control arms on such a modest lift.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ghogklr said:
After months of trying to decide, I went with the OME 2" lift. Before I install it, should I use my extra money to buy adjustable track bars front and rear to avoid drilling holes and to get a more precise axle centering, or should I opt for front and rear lower control arms.

Thanks
What kind of wheeling do you do? What size tires? Body Lift?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts