Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replacing whats missing here (front driveshaft?), without going broke that is:

junkyard? local shop? aftermarket? also, it seems to be just some bolts to put the shaft in, or is it more like rocket science?

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
How much is too much?

All of the things you listed are viable options. What happened to the drive shaft that was there? If it was damaged sometimes they can be repaired.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Yep, 8 bolts all together. A new shaft will run you about $150. But I'm sure you can find one locally that is used or out of a junky yard for way less.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, 8 bolts all together. A new shaft will run you about $150. But I'm sure you can find one locally that is used or out of a junky yard for way less.

nice. probably going to attemp myself. called a local transmission shop...

"Well, i think i have one i can get a hold of out of a scrap jeep. Cost ya about $125, plus labor and bolts and straps of course."

yea, ima hit the junkyards this weekend hopefully. also, i need a new windshield. local auto glass places cheapest was $205. not sure how comfortable id be if i tried to put one of those in myself. the inner and outer seals look ok, but they still charge me for one (i think the outer)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts