Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know the price is right whenever a deal is made, and, If only I had a place to hold this, I'd call the seller right now:

Willys pickup "firetruck", 1960

Link goes to Finnish nettiauto.fi (netcar in english), a place where anybody can put their car on sale. Here's a pic from the site (copyright Kalle Rautiainen):

Now, what I was wondering, to me the price seems, well, cheap, they are asking 7800€. It's a special model, and appears to be in fair condition Engine runs, it's inspected and roadworthy. I know it would cost a shitton to make it shiny, and keep it that way, but oh man what an interesting "Jeepish" car...

Anybody here know anything more about these, and what they migh be worth if in mint condition? I'm well aware it's speculative, but anyways.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Most people have no interest in owning a Willy's firetruck. Old firetrucks don't bring much money and I wouldn't take it if it were free.

I would own a M715 fire truck though and gut all the firetruck bits out of it and turn it into a regular M715 and paint it green.

·
Registered
2006 Rubicon, 4.0, automatic (stock for now)
958 Posts
I had the pleasure of completely restoring an old international fire truck from 12 v positive ground, to 24 v negative ground. It’s was such a pain, but it was a pleasure to be able to help the museum. I also had the chance to maintain the perfect condition jeeps they had also! Loved driving them around the base after working on them as a test drive. Always got looks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts