Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a newer rubi 2018/2019 I love the new look fenders, lights, handles ect...
I can't spend the 48k+ on new one
I want to be around 30k So would you buy a new sport s and slowly make it how you want it or buy an 2016 rubi and call it a day?
What I mainly like on the new ones are the new front fender change with those vents and the lights on the fender flares.

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
I want a newer rubi 2018/2019 I love the new look fenders, lights, handles ect...
I want to be around 30k So would you buy a new sport s and slowly make it how you want it or buy an 2016 rubi and call it a day?
What I mainly like on the new ones are the new front fender change with those vents and the lights on the fender flares.
You might want to ask this in the JL forum. I think you'll have a tough time getting a new JL sport for $30k.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Why do you want a Rubicon? Is it for the Dana 44 front axle, locking diffs, gearing, and transfer case or is it for the other goodies like embroidered seats, red dash panel, Rubicon hood decal, etc.

If it is for the functional equipment, you can build a Sport to surpass the factory Rubicon equipment. If it’s the other stuff you want, no matter what you do to a Sport, it won’t be a Rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you want a Rubicon? Is it for the Dana 44 front axle, locking diffs, gearing, and transfer case or is it for the other goodies like embroidered seats, red dash panel, Rubicon hood decal, etc.

If it is for the functional equipment, you can build a Sport to surpass the factory Rubicon equipment. If it’s the other stuff you want, no matter what you do to a Sport, it won’t be a Rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The other goodies
I just love the look of them.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
The other goodies
You need to realize that you're describing a JL Rubicon though. If you love the looks of a JL you might be disappointed with a '16 JK.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
The other goodies
Life is short. While I will never advocate over spending .... IF a JL Rubicon is what you want - Save up and get what you want.

Anything with wheels and a motor will get you from point A to B (but) IF you enjoy driving what you like then don't half step.

That is the definition of wasted money.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Weird, the lights in the fenders is one thing I don't like. Looks too DIY to me...
Yeah, me too.

But I will admit that I dig the little vent thingies on the side behind the fenders. Makes it look faster....

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The JL Rubicon and the JK Rubicon are similar but different. You get the e swaybar disconnect, lockers and suspension on all Rubicon packages, the other bells and whistles are options, which seriously increase that price tag. Not going to get the JL dash, fenders, etc. in that JK Rubicon.

If you really want a JL, you are not going to be happy with a JK. I'll bet that you also won't be happy with a base JL Rubicon so you are realistically looking at $55K-$60K.

You are not going to get a new JL Sport for $30K either but it will be a lot closer to that $30K. The Sport S is going to be another $4K on top of that.

Reactions: bill61

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Yeah, me too.

But I will admit that I dig the little vent thingies on the side behind the fenders. Makes it look faster....
It actually makes the Jeep "Go" faster.... I covered mine and it added time to my morning commute.

I stopped for a coffee and a Sufganiyot but even factoring out the stop it was still slower....:)

I'm uncovering them!

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
It actually makes the Jeep "Go" faster.... I covered mine and it added time to my morning commute.

I stopped for a coffee and a Sufganiyot but even factoring out the stop it was still slower....:)

I'm uncovering them!
Paint your calipers red and you gain 15 hp too.
Known fact.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I stopped for a coffee and a Sufganiyot but even factoring out the stop it was still slower....

I'm uncovering them!
Paint your calipers red and you gain 15 hp too.
Known fact.
I spent 12 hours painting my calipers red on my 2017 looked bad ass

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Reactions: RubiconSS
1 - 20 of 39 Posts