Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Pay off CC for money I already spent :(
Lmaooo i heard that. And i concur with the above post. Some 32's can take you places you've never been :D ask me how i know! Lol

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I'd get a set of the new Rubicon take off wheels/tires. The SRA's are tragic, the steelies with whatever baloneyskins they put on 'em are even worse.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well would need more details like what you currently have like gear ratio, LSD, wheel tire size if it is the JK in your avatar looks like aftermarket wheels? The first time I bought was some rock sliders that was 300-400 bucks.

Depending on what kinda wheeling you do you can get a full set of skids for under 500. You could get a nice lift but with stock tires that would look a little off. Not quite enough cash for wheels and tires. Could do a nice exhaust system, or audio system. A real plus would be an on board air set up, good for wheeling and later if you did air lockers you would already have air. Also good for pressurized water tanks.

Aux lights are nice but not a must. A headlight upgrade would be good but not going to add to the visual look.

Snorkel would be a good addition.

A dual battery tray and dual batteries, there again getting things set up for later down the road.

But if were me and I could not decide I might do a nice axle truss system. Not going to do a lot right now but should you decide to run larger tires you will already have front axle setup.

I always hate it when I have a large amount of cash to spend on the Jeep but not quite enough for what I want.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you want to off-road get some basics.

CB setup
Fire Extinguisher and mount
Rock sliders (if it' not a Rubicon)
Recovery gear (Can buy it all individually or get a kit)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Lunch box locker

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well would need more details like what you currently have like gear ratio, LSD, wheel tire size if it is the JK in your avatar looks like aftermarket wheels? The first time I bought was some rock sliders that was 300-400 bucks.

Depending on what kinda wheeling you do you can get a full set of skids for under 500. You could get a nice lift but with stock tires that would look a little off. Not quite enough cash for wheels and tires. Could do a nice exhaust system, or audio system. A real plus would be an on board air set up, good for wheeling and later if you did air lockers you would already have air. Also good for pressurized water tanks.

Aux lights are nice but not a must. A headlight upgrade would be good but not going to add to the visual look.

Snorkel would be a good addition.

A dual battery tray and dual batteries, there again getting things set up for later down the road.

But if were me and I could not decide I might do a nice axle truss system. Not going to do a lot right now but should you decide to run larger tires you will already have front axle setup.

I always hate it when I have a large amount of cash to spend on the Jeep but not quite enough for what I want.
Yea I currently have the level 8 zx wheels 16x8.5 with 255/70/16 yoko geo's. But that's it as far as mods.

I was thinking of some rock sliders but wasn't sure which ones. I like the way the smittybilt ones look but hear they suck as far as fitting goes. Kinda afraid to drill into it as I'm still paying for it. I hear ace is good but I don't h e anything to grind the screwing mount or whatever it's called.

Also thinking of on board. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Rock sliders and front bumper are functional additions that protect your vehicle plus put some distance between you and the mall-crawlers. I like the sliders if for no other reason than it protects your vehicle from door dings when in tight parking spaces.
I had absolutely no problems with the install of Smittybilt rock sliders; they bolted right up and no drilling required.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Yea I currently have the level 8 zx wheels 16x8.5 with 255/70/16 yoko geo's. But that's it as far as mods.

I was thinking of some rock sliders but wasn't sure which ones. I like the way the smittybilt ones look but hear they suck as far as fitting goes. Kinda afraid to drill into it as I'm still paying for it. I hear ace is good but I don't h e anything to grind the screwing mount or whatever it's called.

Also thinking of on board. Any suggestions?
Fwiw, you can get an inexpensive grinder at Harbor Freight. Not a quality tool, mind you, but enough to get the job done on the ACE sliders. :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
As the title says what would you do?
$900 (roughly) puts a 2.5 inch lift on your truck... Springs and shocks, not some cheapo spacers... Consider doing that.

$900 also buys pretty much everything the average 4x4 club requires (fire extinguisher, recovery straps, hi-lift jack, CB, FirstAid, etc..

Or you could buy a cool bumper and drive to the mall... It's your rig...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
1. Cut the stock fenders ($Free)
2. Turn stock bumper into a shorty bumper with end caps ($75)
3. Buy/install a CB radio w/Firestick Antenna ($150)
4. Install a 1" body lift ($150)
5. Install a 2" coil suspension lift (JKS $150)
6. Install new front shocks (RS5000s $100)
7. Buy a Hi-Lift w/interior roll bar mount. ($200)
8. Wait for the stock tires to wear out...:dance:

TOTAL = $825 (within budget)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rock sliders and front bumper are functional additions that protect your vehicle plus put some distance between you and the mall-crawlers. I like the sliders if for no other reason than it protects your vehicle from door dings when in tight parking spaces.
I had absolutely no problems with the install of Smittybilt rock sliders; they bolted right up and no drilling required.
Do you have the SRC or the XRC ones? Also where did you order yours from?

·
Registered
615 Posts
The 1st thing I did was a set of Rubi takeoffs $800. but u have the tires I then went to straps and first aide kit then a winch and bumper even with the winch a lot of times it's easier for you to use a strap try to think of what would get you unstuck or help someone else my next buy will be a 30'Bubba Rope about $200. but well worth the money a lot of things you just buy as you go if I had an extra $900 at this point I would upgrade to a 2"leveling kit or a suspension lift .well good luck with your money problem I'm sure you will find somewhere to spend it these things are worse than any Harley I ever owned and I thought you coud spend $$$$on a HD was I wrong when it comes to a jeep remember the verbage jeep JUST EMPTY EVERY POCKET .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 1st thing I did was a set of Rubi takeoffs $800. but u have the tires I then went to straps and first aide kit then a winch and bumper even with the winch a lot of times it's easier for you to use a strap try to think of what would get you unstuck or help someone else my next buy will be a 30'Bubba Rope about $200. but well worth the money a lot of things you just buy as you go if I had an extra $900 at this point I would upgrade to a 2"leveling kit or a suspension lift .well good luck with your money problem I'm sure you will find somewhere to spend it these things are worse than any Harley I ever owned and I thought you coud spend $$$$on a HD was I wrong when it comes to a jeep remember the verbage jeep JUST EMPTY EVERY POCKET .
Ha ha. Yea I'm slowly learning the motto J.E.E.P. I did just pick up a recovery strap recently and now contemplating the ace sliders and an air compressor just don't know which compressor yet. Ill have to do some research on that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts