Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
286 Posts
do a 4" lift and get some 33s

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Well considering he has 3.5" lift I don't think the 4" will do much. How do you want to use the jeep. Is this a daily driver? Weekend toy etc. In the end do what you want, but here are some things I would look at:

Over all systems check:
Belts
starter
Radiator
Plugs
Fluids
etc

If your going off roading:

Check vacum connect on front axle for 4wd
Check u-joints, ball joints etc

Mods
Skid plates: gas tank oil pan and rocker protection
Lift: check springs hanger's for damage
SYE kit for t-case if you have vibs in driveline
If you really getting into trail riding look to replace rear axle with dana 44 or other better axle.

That's all I have... I am sure you can spend the money.. but I would keep some of it in the bank for a rainy unexpected jeep repair....

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is a daily driver. I need it to go back and forth to school (Oswego) and it will be real good in the winter there (we got 12 feet in 2 days this past winter). I want to take it mudding and whatnot, but none of that rocking climbing or hardcore stuff you guys do. Plus, I need it to get the ladies :).

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Get rid of that rust then

Also some mud terrain tires on some nice black rims would look nice
I don't know, I came up to Oswego for the lake effect snow this year..I have some crazy pictures:eek:

Id fix the Jeep to be a good DD, maybe some nice All Terrain tires with what you got, then save the rest untill you know what to do with it.

You cant go wrong with tires, skids, lights, cb radio etc., but get rid of them street tires and wheel it to see what you want changed.

Wheel, break, upgrade, repeat ;)

Seriously though, dont dump 2k into mods if it needs 3k in mechanical work.. :) Get her squared away first(pun not intended).

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Looks to me that you need some good off road tires. A winch might be nice too. If you play your cards right you might even be able to swing both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts