Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small grease-monkey shop very close to my store that normally does my oil changes. Had them put new front brake calipers on 2 weeks ago because I just didn't have time to do it. Wednesday morning I pulled the front tires off to swap my 2" spacers off and install the 1.25" spacers....and holy ^&%## a lug was twisted off!! and 2 other nuts were loose!!! Needless to say I was a bit torqued.

So my normal process is to just never give them any business again and let it go; no harm no foul since I caught it.

What would you do?

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's not a small oversight. It isn't hard to torque lugs to their factory settings and it could have resulted in injury, I think I'd find a new shop.

·
Registered
371 Posts
go back to the shop that did the work, find the tech that worked on it, then with the back of your hand only, slap him across the face. Then find his mother and do the same.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I'd probably ask the owner for compensation for fixing the broken stud and then make sure he realizes WHY you won't be coming back. You may save someone else's life by letting him know his mechanics aren't working up to spec.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Are you missing any parts? If not, ask to speak to the manager and tell him the situation. BUT I wouldn't return and give them more business.

If you are missing parts then ask for reimbursement. Then, don't do business with them again.

Walking away is the better thing to do. Don't go in there and make a fool of yourself like bigskyjeep suggests.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I hardly doubt they even torqued your wheels. I see them doing that crap all the time. I have to remind them to torqued it at 100lbs SMH

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I personally would go talk to the manager just to make them aware of the issue. It could save someone else's bacon...

Then depending on how the manager responds would determine whether or not I'd ever give them my business again.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Sure looks right to me!! But for some reason O'Reillys only had part numbers for the rear. So had to drive across town to the stealer; paid $6.
Well, you got out cheaper AND got instant gratification!

Glad it was so easy for you to find. :thumb:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
"Hello. My name is Captain Ahab. You killed my wheel stud. Prepare to die!"

:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Inconceivable!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
How cone I am laughing at a thread where a guy had his not only his lugs but himself torqued off?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts