Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at having a Multi-tool made for top and door removal plus more. I work at a Jeep dealer and always thought it was crazy jeep doesn't provide the tools needed to take off the hard top or the doors. So I am looking into developing a Multi-tool, my question is what would you like to see on the Multi-tool besides the torx t40 and t50? If this product came out would it be something you would purchase to keep in your jeep? Thanks in advance for the help and opinions.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I have one bought it at Walmart has all size tourque bolts on one handsized wrench. Can remove doors top windshield and hood bolts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
All the needed torx bits, can opener, dead blow hammer, HiLift jack, sawzall, bottle opener, breaker bar, lighter, snatch block, tweezers, machete, magnifying glass, spork, and vise grips. Also, if it's not to much to ask.... I'd like it to come with one of those black condura belt loop holsters.;)

-Jay

·
Grampie
783 Posts
I am looking at having a Multi-tool made for top and door removal plus more. I work at a Jeep dealer and always thought it was crazy jeep doesn't provide the tools needed to take off the hard top or the doors. So I am looking into developing a Multi-tool, my question is what would you like to see on the Multi-tool besides the torx t40 and t50? If this product came out would it be something you would purchase to keep in your jeep? Thanks in advance for the help and opinions.
Ratcheting function.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Here is my Jeep Multi- tool. This is a good place for you to start to make a better one.
I have found nothing it can't remove or tighten.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
I would like to see Jeep-specific stuff like torx bits and a name like Leatherman, Gerber, SOG or some other known, reputable multitool manufacturer on the side so it is a real-world use device that doesn't end up being just another vehicle-branded piece of sh** that doesn't even deserve to languish unused in a drawer someplace. (deep breath)

With that in mind I imagine that it will never occur.

EDIT

Here is my Jeep Multi- tool. This is a good place for you to start to make a better one.
I have found nothing it can't remove or tighten.
That's a pretty good start! :D
I'm gonna have to check that set out now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strider I am thinking something along the lines of what you want, it will not be Gerber or leatherman but it will be a high quality tool made in the USA. I want to incorporate t40 and t50 torx for the doors, hardtop and windshield, is there are other size torx you need commonly on the jeep? My goal is to make a small tool with commonly used sizes that you can keep in your glovebox and always have it with you. I am not aiming at an end all be all toolkit more just something small and useful.

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
You only need to use a t50 for the doors one time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is that because most people leave the torx bolt out of the doors after removing it the first time?
yup mine are off and will probably stay off, its not like the doors will fall off running down the road, you have to do something major like roll over to get the doors to fall off

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
anything that vibrates so you can give it to the wife when youre all done.

and that will convince her its worth buying!

one more mod or tool to add to the jeep fund!

·
Registered
193 Posts
951Jason said:
All the needed torx bits, can opener, dead blow hammer, HiLift jack, sawzall, bottle opener, breaker bar, lighter, snatch block, tweezers, machete, magnifying glass, spork, and vise grips. Also, if it's not to much to ask.... I'd like it to come with one of those black condura belt loop holsters.;)

-Jay
Lmao

You're gonna need a shoulder rig for that one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think it's pretty crazy to leave the torx bits off the doors...especially if you usually don't lock them like I do. It's makes it WAY too easy to just open them and take them. At least if I have the torx bits in, you have to have a T50 with you to gank my doors. I know a guy who had his doors stolen. So it does happen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe there is also a t30 involved for the folks with dual tops. I think this is the size you need to remove the soft top from the bracket. May be wrong about the size.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts