Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys iv been on the forum for a while but im still pretty new to jeeps and never put a lift or anything on but i know exactly how i want it to look so i was wondering if maybe you guys could help me. so im pretty set on a zone lift i know there good quality cheap and have a good amount of flex which is something i want but i dont know which one to get the 3in,4in or the 4.25 combo. i will be running 33x12.5 mt tires and i do have the funds for an sye and drive shaft just to give you some more info. so this is the jeep i want mine to look like and its specs (Sorry if this is someone on heres jeep stole it from the jeepforum.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Off-road vehicle

97 Wrangler 4wd 2.5l 5 Speed TJ. Suspension:
2.5" in RC lift and shocks/1.25" JKS Body lift/JKS 1.25" motor mount lift/Adjustable Lower control arms/Poly control arm bushings in all others/JKS sway disconnects/JKS adj front Tie rod/Teraflex Steering Dampener/ HD TRE's/Energy suspension front Sway bar bushings/tummy-tucked factory trans skid plate
33"X12.5" Toyo open country M/T's on Cragar soft 8's with matching spare balanced with BB's

i also plan on putting those tube fenders. so guys what zone lift do you think would look most like that jeep? Thanks for your Help guys!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Sentance structure is not your thing I see. Another thing, quality and cheap do not belong together in the offroading world.

With tube fenders, 3in. They will beed to be done at the same time. I run 35's on: 4.25" of lift, 3" suspension and 1.25bl with metal cloak overline tube fenders.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think the question that should be asked is, what kind of off Road stuff do you plan on doing? The bigger the lift the more stuff you will be able to go over. I personally think body lifts are pointless and just for looks. 33's should run fine under a 3 inch lift I think but check with the zone lift recommendations. It helps if u have back spacing on ur rims too. If its a daily driver I don't see the point in going crazy high due to the fact u will end up running into other problems and have to change out way more parts. But it's ur jeep so make it look as bad [email protected] as u want! Ur going to be the one who drive it. I think 4 inch would be a good choice it gives u more options if u change ur mind on tire size and axles an so forth later down the road

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry i typed that up on my iphone so my sentences are always a mess lol. Do they have to be done at the same time to make sure there is no rubbing?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the question that should be asked is, what kind of off Road stuff do you plan on doing? The bigger the lift the more stuff you will be able to go over. I personally think body lifts are pointless and just for looks. 33's should run fine under a 3 inch lift I think but check with the zone lift recommendations. It helps if u have back spacing on ur rims too. If its a daily driver I don't see the point in going crazy high due to the fact u will end up running into other problems and have to change out way more parts. But it's ur jeep so make it look as bad [email protected] as u want! Ur going to be the one who drive it. I think 4 inch would be a good choice it gives u more options if u change ur mind on tire size and axles an so forth later down the road
im not doing anything serious right now, but i plan to work my way up and as i do i will adjust my equipment to suit what I am doing. Right now the zone lift is best bang for the buck and i love how that jeep looks so i was just wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
BL have a purpose as long as they are small. I have a Rubicon and my 241 case is rather large, so for my tummy tuck I did a 1.25" BL so that case isn't sitting aganist the frame making all kinds of noise. Second it allows the gas tank to be tucked higher up into the body. I can't tell you how many times I still beat the piss out of that skid. I plan on changing that skid out which will allow me to gain another 1" of clearance. So I'm guess all of that in your openion is for looks but is quite useful to me.

The bigger the lift does not mean the more you can run over. Tire size, up travel, down travel, break over angles, tummy clearance, short arm flex or link suspension, center of gravity, and on dicktates what you can run over and not height alone. You can run 4d's on 3" if you like triming things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you want to get as close as possible to that specific Jeep, I'd say go with a 3" suspension and a 1 or 1.25" body lift. The tummy tuck almost always requires a body lift. The other option is taking a jack under your transfer case and lifting it up and down until it creates a big enough space (aka DENT) in the bottom of your tub. Body lift will make it so you don't have to do that. Looks like he's running smittybilt tube fenders front and rear, along with Smittybilt rocker gaurds. If you go with 3" suspension lift, you don't need adjustable control arms or a SYE, which will save you some dough (until you tummy tuck it, then you'll move the t-case up an inch or so and probably need the SYE and maybe adjustable control arms in the rear). Even without the tube fenders it's pretty hard to rub my 33's on 4.5" of lift.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
well the way to make it look like that jeep except have a zone lift would be to get the 3". i think you'd be better off with the 4.25 combo. do you also have a 2.5L or are those the specs from the picture jeep? if you do have a 2.5L i think it would be better for you to regear also. having the proper gear ratio will do more for your off road ability than a zone lift will. nobody who knows what they're doing does a body lift for looks, they have a specific purpose.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My jeep is obviously my off road vehicle but also my DD and I'm running the Zone 4.25" combo with 33x12.50 MTR with Kevlar and have had no issues with it (knock on wood). It rides really well both on and off road, plus it doesn't feel like your too tall driving down side streets or highway driving like some suspensions feel like. And like what others does it depends on how much off roading and how you will use it on the trails (mild, medium, or very difficult). I take mine off roading on weekends on trail ratings up to 7-8 (based on a 10 point scale) with no issues. But I'm also one to push my jeep to see how far the limits are lol.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I have the 4.25 combo on two jeeps. I don't have a complaint on either of them so far. I did just find out that one of my front shocks is all ready leaking fluid. That wasn't expected, but it happened. Called Zone and the warranty was only for one year. The lift was 1.5 years old. I will have to replace it before long. That sucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed the 4.25" combo a couple weekends ago and am happy with it so far. I would recommend going ahead and getting an adj. track bar for the front axle, drilling a new hole on the factory mount doesn't look strong! Plan on getting me one ASAP! Heres mine on 33x12.50x15's , wanting flat fenders instead of the bushwackers!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

·
Registered
526 Posts
I installed the 4.25" combo a couple weekends ago and am happy with it so far. I would recommend going ahead and getting an adj. track bar for the front axle, drilling a new hole on the factory mount doesn't look strong! Plan on getting me one ASAP! Heres mine on 33x12.50x15's , wanting flat fenders instead of the bushwackers!

View attachment 166162
Sweet jeep you have there man! I'm really thinking about purchasing this lift but are you running a SYE? and a different CV shaft? In their vendors thread, they claim that a slip yolk eliminator isn't required but I want to hear from members if they had to get one.

I'm a college jeeper with my jeep being a DD so therefore offroading is minimal for me because I'm either working or going to school. I live in an area where there is ALOT of hills instead of rocks so my offorading consists of trails and hill crawling.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The reason they claim that is because they include a TC Drop which gets rid of drive shaft vibes. Every Jeep is built different so you may get lucky and by the time you do the MML and BL you won't have any vibes but sometimes you're not as lucky and you end up doing a small TC Drop along with the MML. Most of the time, the MML will get rid of the TC Drop or greatly reduce it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts