Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't showed you guys my ride and I've seen a lot of threads with others showing theres for upgrade suggestions, so I thought I'd join in.

My jeep profile has some info, but I plan on upgrading to 31x10.5x15 tires and painting the fenders. I'm also toying with the idea of a 2 inch spacer lift. It's my daily driver -- for now -- so I don't want to make it too rough of a ride -- yet.

I got her for $5,000 with just a tick under 100,000 miles.

Oh, and if the back end of the soft top looks weird, that's because these were taken before I got new bow knuckles so they attach where they are supposed to, and also before I got door surrounds. (And I got them JUST before winter hit...thank GOD!)

Attachments

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Nice looking TJ and very nice price. Congrats

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Looks nice. I like that color even though it's not black. Definately paint those fenders. I did mine over the holiday weekend and it looks almost new now.

I wouldn't recommend spacers that much. I put a set on mine over the summer and wish I'd just gotten new springs. It's the same amount of work, a little more expensive, but you would be putting a newer, better part back on with no sag. I'll be swapping mine out once the weather warms up. I'm still up in there air between OME and RC springs and probably new shocks as well.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Looks nice, and great price!
Yours looks a lot like my second TJ (97) when I first got it....

Here it was after some TLC - 31s, painted flares, soft 8s, new top, etc.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I too painted my fender flares and it made a great difference. I didn't take mine off, I just took my time and taped them good. They look fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wow, a long lost twin! I like your upgrades. Does anybody have a suggestion for a good temperature to paint the fenders? I'm afraid I'll have to wait quite a while here in Kansas. Maybe not till March.

Oh, and is there a lift you added on it as well?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Wow, a long lost twin! I like your upgrades. Oh, and is there a lift you added on it as well?
If you're talking about mine....no lift. I had a set of coil spacers that I thought about installing, but never bothered. I sold the Jeep before getting around to any lift.
The 31" tires fit perfectly with no lift.

Funny that I ended up with another TJ of the same color for my 3rd and current TJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts