Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just got a new 2012 Wrangler 2 door sport a month or so ago. We love it and bought it for a driver, we don't plan off roading it.
A guy I know has an older 4 liter jeep and the other day he told me that he had a real Jeep not one like we have. 2 or 3 times since we met him and he keeps telling me that he has a real jeep and we don't. Just wondering what he's getting at, I know they have changed over the years but are today's jeeps no good and not worthy of the Jeep name plate.

·
Administrator
12,456 Posts
You have a real jeep.

·
Registered
736 Posts
you have a real jeep.. that guy you know is a real douche.

The straight 6 was a great engine and would run for 300k+ miles but it by no way defines what a jeep is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are always a few elitists around. No matter what subject. :)

There are maybe a few Willys owners that could tell him the same thing.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Jealousy. Ask him since he doesn't own a Willy's, he must not own one either. I mean his isn't an upgraded model to the last model? It's funny how some that don't have have to put down those that do but we all do it to some extent. But no worse then the ones that have the newest model and claim the older ones are useless. It suppose to be a Jeep thing to appreciate all Jeeps

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You should keep responding as if you had a hard time understanding him and misquote what he said back, never saying it correctly.

For example:

You grill sheep?
Who's a creep?
What shrill beep?
Your feet?

Never say it correctly.

Eventually, he'll get the idea that his is being a tool and you're f'n with him.

Mewed teats?
Lewd Crete's?
Stewed sleep?

Haha.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
You do have a jeep his is just older and has a few mods so he thinks it is more off rad ready. If you want to shut him up get a lift tires change gearing front and back bumpers and let him know bring that REAL jeep he has and see who can go threw more sh*t.

·
Super Moderator
62,006 Posts
My wife and I just got a new 2012 Wrangler 2 door sport a month or so ago. We love it and bought it for a driver, we don't plan off roading it.
A guy I know has an older 4 liter jeep and the other day he told me that he had a real Jeep not one like we have. 2 or 3 times since we met him and he keeps telling me that he has a real jeep and we don't. Just wondering what he's getting at, I know they have changed over the years but are today's jeeps no good and not worthy of the Jeep name plate.

That guy is an idiot, coming from someone with a 4.0:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Jealous????????..I think so

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
How to try making a Jeep not a Jeep. Poor thing needs a new owner to take better care of it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow I guess I messed up bad. I traded my real jeep for this "fake" jeep I'm driving now. Somebody should have told me before I took my fake jeep up the trails I used to take my real jeep up. The person you are talking about is an idiot. I go 4 wheeling with a couple friends who drive tjs and cjs, and we've never had this discussion before. Tell him to quit being jealous.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I despise people like that. Heard the same thing many times about my '06 Mustang GT from old-timer Mustang owners who felt that ONLY their 60s and 70s models were "real" Mustangs. Some people just can't accept change...and improvements from what they have. My response was always "Ford thinks highly enough of my car that they put the very same Pony emblem on it that yours has", and that shut 'em up every time.

Does your Jeep say "Jeep" on the steering wheel and grill? Yeah, it's a "real" Jeep. Screw the haters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thought about this after joining the community a few months ago. It doesn't have to be old and rickety to be a real jeep. If its a Wrangler, it is a real jeep. If its a 4 door and you DON'T have kids...I dunno :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Next time he says it you could punch him in the face and shout "the first rule of jeep club is we don't talk about jeep club!" Then drive away. The next time you see him driving give him the jeep wave. When he cringingly returns it you'll know it was mission accomplished.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts