Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So usually i argue with the wife over buying parts for my jeep today it was about putting my kids in for a ride. My daughter is almost 8 but very tall my son is 3 and tiny. So they both dont fit jn the back cause im big and there is a carseat. So my daughter has rode a few times up front and my wife flipped out.

I have a 04 x model. With 85000 miles 5speed. Its royal blue and very well maintained. I have a rough country n2o 4" lift kit with the arms and replaced every bushing. Also beefed up the steering components. 5 brand new goodyear duratrac 33's less then 2k miles. Smittybilt bumpers warn winch with controls in cab. Bluetooth head unit with amp and kicker sub In console. 5 1/4 upgraded component speakers smittybuilt molle gear rollbar support and tailgate gear. Volant cold air kit 64mm throttlebody with control ecm heartthrob exhaust system. Neoprene seat covers and a new bestop sailcloth top with tinted windows put on this summer.

Been thru to many vehicle related arguments to know ill be getting something else soon. I owe aound $15k on it and wondering if i should sell or trade jn.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think I got a good deal a few months ago when I paid less than you owe for an 05 auto 4.0 with 50k miles, nearly new 11.5 tires, 2"bb lift, body armor front bumper, neoprene seat covers, perfect seats underneat the covers, no dents or scratches, good soft top. I borrowed 8k from the credit union and they put a value of 17,500 on the jeep.

You will get more from a private sale if you can wait it out for the best offer. Put it up on craigs list, nothing to lose doing that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Car lot is not going to give anymore than 10k, probably less (5-8k imo). Retail at the lot is going to be from about 8-13.5k but no more imo. Good luck with private sale, there maybe some hunters who need it for their lease or a newly divorced person who cant wait to burn through their settlement check (drove my jeep to work when truck had flat and guy that I work with had to have one after he saw it). But a private sale will take time and not everyone has the money upfront. I/C car lot for quick 5-10k trade in or most likely time consumming and alot of hassling with a private sale.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would put the wife up for sale... How much can you get for her? My Ex-wife tried to control what cars I owned and toys I wanted when I was making all the money. That is why she is my ex, well and shes a huge ****...

All jokes aside good luck with this one...

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I know location is everything... but I don't think you can break even on your TJ.... I bought my 04 X in April 2011 for $8900. It had 108k on it when I bought it.

If it is meticulously maintained and it shows you may get close to 12 from someone who knows Jeeps and knows what they want.

Trade-in.... you'ld be lucky to get like $7500 or less

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gotta agree, I got mine in march 2010 for 10,5. 06 LJ with 50k+ on it was spotless and bone stock. I know I got a deal but still. Best of luck on it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
johnnybishop said:
Gotta agree, I got mine in march 2010 for 10,5. 06 LJ with 50k+ on it was spotless and bone stock. I know I got a deal but still. Best of luck on it.
This is the best deal I've seen. Good job!

·
Registered
96 Posts
It was at a chevy dealership. Guess they didn't know what they had. I jumped on it. I could have sold it the next day for a profit. It was a divorce present to myself !

·
Registered
494 Posts
You will get more from private sale usually than trade in, but it depends on how long you can wait. Location is a factor, and coming into the cooler seasons you may have less interest than in spring.

I'd say if you trade there is little to no chance of breaking even, they are called stealerships for a reason. One locally has a 06 X with 74K lift/tires/bling for 19K. It's been on the lot for about 2 weeks now. That's the "sale" price too. Safe to say whatever they got for trade in was way low and they are trying to profit on the add ons, which they won't pay extra to you.

Can you part down? You might get more if you piece out some of your extras. Personally, if it was gonna go, I'd have to let it all go though or I'd find a way to keep it and regret what I already got rid of. But I'm clingy like that. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I paid 15k for it in'10 with 49k miles stock and clean. That was with the warrenty and gap insurence. Then i replaced all the suspention the engine upgrades bumpers etc. Honestly i either need to figure out how to fit my growing kids or get my wife drunk so she dkesnt realize i bought an extra vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts