Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's super late tonight, but my pops and I were wanting to go do a run somewhere tomorrow (April 1) because he took a few days off work. The mild winter and warm weather has had us itching to get out rigs to the mountains.

Does anyone know what's currently open and passable (not super snowy, etc) Withing about an hour or two of Denver? This time of year, Rampart, Balanced Rock, Mt. Herman are our go to's because they tend to be fairly snow free, but Rampart is currently closed. He's in a stock JKUR and I'm in a '97 TJ with 33's and 4.88's but no lockers, so we aren't looking for anything too difficult (I know some of you ran Chinaman this past weekend, but that's gonna be a little tough for us, as we've never done it, and wouldn't wanna go without someone as a guide) but we were wanting something that would allow us to get some early-season dirt on the tires and out of town for a while.

If any of you are super night owls or early birds, please chime in. I think we plan on heading out (somewhere, hopefully) by like 1130 or noon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Following.
I may be going out with a buddy from work this weekend who recently bought a new JKUR. Anyone know what's currently open a bit further north (front range closer to boulder/longmont/ft. collins area)?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Following.
I may be going out with a buddy from work this weekend who recently bought a new JKUR. Anyone know what's currently open a bit further north (front range closer to boulder/longmont/ft. collins area)?
It's not quite where your looking at, but since you're the only one who replied, I figured I'd give you an update on where we ended up going. We hit up Rainbow Falls (off 67 between Deckers and Woodland Park) and it was completely clear. A little slush and mud off the sides of the trail, but the trail itself was in great condition. It was our first time doing it, and it was a lot of fun. Some rocky section that take a bit of navigating (but not so bad you need a spotter), a lot of tippy points, quite a few whoopdedoos, and some fairly steep ascents. There's apparently a whole network of trails out there too, that connect to the one we were on, so I plan on getting back out there to explore next chance I get.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Following.
Sevenmile is open. I believe Ballard Rd is open.

Don't know what else right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations, we ended up going to sevenmile. The snow from last night wasnt too deep, just enough to soften things up a bit.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts