Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what is everyone doing to pass the time during the Coronapocalypse? I was told this past Monday that I am working week on week off. The problem with that is I don't dare spend the money I was going to on the Jeep until I find out what is really going on with all the cool aid drinkers. So, what are you up to and how has the scare affected you?

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Wife and I are both working from home.
Being more cautious with money. Buying food for two weeks at a time, instead of weekly.
Canceled all social plans.
Converted our monthly game night with friends to an online event.

One of our elderly family members is being tested for COVID, trying not to stress about that.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I work from home most of the time anyway, so that hasn't really changed. The hoarders have made it hard around here by forcing multiple trips to the grocery store to see if items are back in stock.

I have done really well with social distancing, but my wife isn't great at it. She seems to find excuses to go out. My teenage son gets cabin fever being at home and he and I have made a few trips up in the mountains in the Jeep this week.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just got over a fever/cough/fatigue, Im finding it hard to to hole up for a week or two extra now.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Won't be spending a week on Maui like the family had planned on since Christmas. Not sure what's happening now. Dump runs and RC crawlers I guess. Mainly standing guard over my TP stockpile.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I work making cans for the soup industry. The workload usually slows now that winter is winding down, but sales are still going strong. Just got through working 26 days with only 2 off in that time. Now they are splitting staff up to work "12 hour" shifts instead of "8s". Turns out with how the new schedule fell in line with the old, I have a 6 day weekend. The plan this weekend was to visit family and friends, but that would involve a lot of social interaction and bars/restaurants are closed.

Recently found out about a ride called South Carolina Adventure Route (SCAR) that is the same idea as the Trans America Trail. I have camping reservation for 2 nights, and will explore trails trails in south east SC towards the coast. So, I'm quarantining in my jeep/tent for the next 3 days. Minimizing interactions to gas pumps and drive-troughs, while still supporting some small country stores. After that - give the house a good spring cleaning and do my taxes. I need Jeep time!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Retired. I stay home with my dogs. The state is in basic lock down mode. Everything is closed that can be. I have not seen my son or friends in over a week. Getting ready to not see anyone for 4 more weeks. Church is on line. All vacation plans are probably going to be canceled. Yes, the sky is falling. The stats on this are staggering. We are in a recession. State parks are closed. The world just changed and it's not close to being done. Will China pay a price for this,,,,,,,, no comment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm still reporting to work as normal. We have implemented stricter sanitation procedures and wipe everything down multiple times per day. No phone sharing. Stay in your own office or space, etc. We just sent our receptionist home yesterday with a fever of 102.1 but no other symptoms. If I have to hole up for any period of time, I'm ready. I had stocked up for myself and my furbaby back when this was still in China. We are good for months.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just sitting here at home waiting for March 27th.. hoping state borders don't get shut down. (Doubt it)

I'll be moving from Miami, Florida to Tuscon, Arizona.

This trip will be roughly 2,300 miles. I hope to document the journey as a tow a 5x8 U-Haul trailer across the country during the United States worst pandemic to date. Definitely have masks, purell, gloves and common sense.. aside from choosing to not stay home and drive through all that infected territory! :atomic:

Wish me luck..! Stay safe everyone. :D

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I was told yesterday we are working remotely from Monday 23rd until “at least” April 30. I’m waiting on a new monitor and small desk for my apartment, but I’m looking forward to working from home. I’ll have my 6yo here with me likely for that entire time (his school is currently closed until April 3, but I am sure they will keep it closed longer).

Y’all, send some good thoughts my way. Idk how many times I can handle “mama help with this LEGO” before I lose my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
Still reporting to work. Latest talks, they may be sequestering our building and we’ll be on lock down for two months. No one can enter or leave the physical parameters. It could get interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Daily rides in the jeep monitoring the snow melt so I can test my new Maxxis Mudders in the mud. Still a few weeks away but can't dispute the practicing of self distancing-- nor can I think of a better way-- doing what I can to help

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Still reporting to work. Latest talks, they may be sequestering our building and we’ll be on lock down for two months. No one can enter or leave the physical parameters. It could get interesting
Sounds like the beginning of syfi/horror "B" movie. Hope you all get along! What is it that you do?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Recently found out about a ride called South Carolina Adventure Route (SCAR) that is the same idea as the Trans America Trail. I have camping reservation for 2 nights, and will explore trails trails in south east SC towards the coast. So, I'm quarantining in my jeep/tent for the next 3 days. Minimizing interactions to gas pumps and drive-troughs, while still supporting some small country stores. After that - give the house a good spring cleaning and do my taxes. I need Jeep time!
Cool, my brother lives right in the middle of that route, I'll have to pass it along. He's always looking for new trails, let me know how it goes.

The north FL lockdown is still fairly mild. I work for a global-scale financial company and bizarrely, every campus in the country (there are about eight big ones) is on work-from-home except ours, but I've been working from home anyway, just in case.

I'm enjoying the many conspiracy theories. I don't personally believe the government has their shit together well enough to secretly execute any of those devious plans. Pisses me off that something this stupid will wreck the one of best economic recoveries in human history, though.

Largest concern: our TP situation is dire... may need to begin looting and rioting.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Professional dog handler/trainer for LE and almost nothings changed for me. Dog training via FaceTime or Skype doesn't work very well. lol They simply refuse to pay attention to video screens and think all commands are optional. lol

Bottom line with a few exceptions is I'm pretty much doing exactly what I did before the pandemic. I'm not going to hold up shaking in the dark about this crap. Have a better chance of dying from dozens of other things like auto accidents then from Corona virus imo. I wish people would stop hoarding stuff but welcome to America!

Here's a pic of one of my dogs! He makes a GS or Rotweiler look like a toy poodle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Preparing our volunteer Rescue Squad with as much PPE as we can procure to be ready for a long period of exposure to potentially infected folks, and writing response protocols.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Beautiful dog you have there. What breed is it?
Thank you. He's a Tibetan Mastiff a wonderful breed but EXTREMELY difficult to train! They are VERY protective and not a good breed for inexperienced dog owners. I can tell you our German Shepherds give him a very wide berth as he's over 150lbs and not very friendly with other dogs. As large as he is he's quick as a cat and very powerful. They are one of the oldest breeds in the world somewhere around 5000 years. They were bred to protect flocks from bears, wolves and snow leopards. However when he's on his lead and a perp is told to take his hands out his pockets there is high compliance.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Cool, that's what I thought he might be. I had looked into them years ago after adopting an orphaned puppy (long story) and trying to figure out her breed. She looked exactly like a Tibetan mastiff, but only topped out at about 90 lbs. We never did find out her parentage, but I did develop an interest in the Tibetans at that time.

I can imagine a perp facing him would be very compliant!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts