Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
That's awesome! Thank you to you and your dog for serving a very noble cause. And yes, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. :) If you know of anyone that might be interested in a Boerboel, check out my brother's kennel. Boerboel Breeder - Oak View Boerboels USA

I would love to see a Tibetan in person, I've never had the pleasure. At times like these, it's reassuring to know that we have such loyal companions that never ask for anything but our love. :cheers:
Tibetans have one big advantage over other type of Mastiffs.. they DO NOT drool. lol... BTW they are longest lived Giant Breed average age 12 to 14 years which is really cool. Dorje's dad is 16 and still going strong. I believe it's because the breed hasn't been tampered with with backyard breeders. I'm sure there aren't a lot breeders for Boerboel's either.

I'm originally from Nebraska and a proud Nebraska alumnus. Go back every year to catch a football game and visit friends. One of my best friends lives in St Louis and was recently diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers. Really sad for him and his family. He was a hell of basketball player at Nebraska and sad to see him fall apart like now.

BTW how long have you been into Jeeps? I've owned several CJ's, then a TJ and now this JKU. I like the JKU the best probably because I'm getting soft in my old age. lol I was always a high performance car guy but always kept a 4x4 around for our harsh winters. Still have a pretty fast vette (2010) running 675 HP supercharged E-Force Edlebrock setup. That's my true garage queen and it doesn't get nearly enough miles on it. Now I'm spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave on this freaken Jeep! Oh well there's worse things we all could be doing besides playing with our Jeeps.

I'm not going to let this virus crap get to me! Just do what I do and if I get sick and die so be it! I think the media and govt has totally scared people to death. It's bad but nearly as bad as they would have us believe imo.

Bottom line stay well my friend and keep in touch...... cthusker

·
Premium Member
7,044 Posts
I'm still going to work each day, although today is supposedly the last day for at least two weeks. I had several bids for a $50k backyard deck replacement/upgrade but I'm putting that project on hold until things settle down. A new deck is not a basic necessity of life.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I was told yesterday we are working remotely from Monday 23rd until “at least” April 30. I’m waiting on a new monitor and small desk for my apartment, but I’m looking forward to working from home. I’ll have my 6yo here with me likely for that entire time (his school is currently closed until April 3, but I am sure they will keep it closed longer).

Y’all, send some good thoughts my way. Idk how many times I can handle “mama help with this LEGO” before I lose my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Um yeah, make sure you devote every waking moment to the little one or else you may find a Lego underfoot in the middle of the night. No matter what you do, a Lego always finds its way right in the path of where you are going at O dart thirty.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
"cool aid drinkers"?
The ones that went bat shit crazy early on with panic and hoarded everything they could get their hands on, TP, sanitizer, etc. The one doctor that is with the POTUS breifings, DR. Berx I think, said the other day that the people killed by the regular flu have been drastically more than corona. The implied message is that no one is saying anything about them. The death toll for the flu in 2018 was over 800,000 world wide and not a peep from anyone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
We find out today that Thailand notified the WHO in December about corona and guess who didn't do or say anything? With the changes being made to the FDA, pushing out the tax deadline, checks coming soon to people; all of which are US, why is it the CDC and WHO can't get their crap together. There has been a more positive response from private companies than those two big orgs altogether.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Um yeah, make sure you devote every waking moment to the little one or else you may find a Lego underfoot in the middle of the night. No matter what you do, a Lego always finds its way right in the path of where you are going at O dart thirty.

So far, he’s kept the legos to one spot in the living room. I am hyper vigilant about making sure they’re put up — they friggin HURT!

·
Registered
352 Posts
As I read through this all I could think was there are a bunch of doomsday prepers dancing around screaming "I told you so". :bop:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I’m in the UK. I work from home a lot anyway, but the schools all closed last week and my wife started working from home yesterday. Govt had to crack down harder this week because people just weren’t taking it seriously enough. They Army are taking over the Excel Conference centre in London and turning it into a 4000 bed ICU for Coronavirus victims. Just for perspective normally there are only 5000 ICU beds in the whole country. Its going to get very bad in the next couple of weeks. Colleagues I speak to in Italy and Spain are telling me some pretty alarming stories about what happening there, we’re just a couple of weeks behind them.
Keep safe folks.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I work making cans for the soup industry. The workload usually slows now that winter is winding down, but sales are still going strong. Just got through working 26 days with only 2 off in that time. Now they are splitting staff up to work "12 hour" shifts instead of "8s". Turns out with how the new schedule fell in line with the old, I have a 6 day weekend. The plan this weekend was to visit family and friends, but that would involve a lot of social interaction and bars/restaurants are closed.

Recently found out about a ride called South Carolina Adventure Route (SCAR) that is the same idea as the Trans America Trail. I have camping reservation for 2 nights, and will explore trails trails in south east SC towards the coast. So, I'm quarantining in my jeep/tent for the next 3 days. Minimizing interactions to gas pumps and drive-troughs, while still supporting some small country stores. After that - give the house a good spring cleaning and do my taxes. I need Jeep time!
WE (and my tag-a-long Jepper) were on the SCAR when this thing broke. We got as far as the Tri State ride and called it a day (we had two days on the route) and headed back toward the coast that Sunday. We had run the FMNF run the weekend before and all the way to Shaw AFB. Lots of fun and got to visit many places we have been before.

(Week before) The first day out of Charleston we drove to the St James Church were there was a lecture being given on the place, WOW! I have lived here 40 yrs and never saw that place open. Great opportunity. FMNF camping is all closed as I understand it for now.
ENJOY1

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
WE (and my tag-a-long Jepper) were on the SCAR when this thing broke. We got as far as the Tri State ride and called it a day (we had two days on the route) and headed back toward the coast that Sunday. We had run the FMNF run the weekend before and all the way to Shaw AFB. Lots of fun and got to visit many places we have been before.

(Week before) The first day out of Charleston we drove to the St James Church were there was a lecture being given on the place, WOW! I have lived here 40 yrs and never saw that place open. Great opportunity. FMNF camping is all closed as I understand it for now.
ENJOY1
I stayed at a private fishing campsite with all the charm of a trailer park, but it was OK. I drove about 5 hours east of I95 and through the FMNF. It was great to get out with doors off in the 85* weather. Lots of spring sights to see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Just hang'in out.

I am currently laid off until further notice, my wife works from home anyway so we are just staying home with only a trip to get food and a 12 pack as needed.
I have been out in the garage working on the Jeep installing a remote control lighting system when the mood strikes.
We live in the country (you can look in any direction from our house and not see another home) and have been somewhat amazed by the wildlife movement around our house (less traffic around). Turkey hunting season is not far away.
I guess I should get the mowing equipment ready for action as the grass is growing. Have a good one...stay in stay healthy.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I built a fort in our living room out of toilet paper.
We have 745 rolls, no way the corona is getting thru that.

Just hope the stores will take them back when this is over.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Retired. Just staying home mostly. Help my buddy paint houses once in a while outside only. Occasional trip to Walmart for stuff. Keeping my distance from folks.

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
Mrs. Lucky and I are both retired. We don't really need to go anywhere except to the supermarket for milk, prescriptions and other necessities.
That leaves a lot of time to keep up with things like getting the greenhouse ready to plant and clean things that don't usually get the amount of attention necessary.
When we moved into our current house 10 years ago, we piled a bunch of stuff on my office desk (things to be filed and old computer parts). It seems that other honeydo's were more important than cleaning my desk. With so much time on my hands and awaiting some axle parts for my Jeep, I decided to tackle the desk. I spent yesterday afternoon and today's afternoon going through files and made two piles, "file" and "throw away". The throw away pile was the greatest of the two. It's amazing the crap you accumulate when you have the room.

The pics are the first time my desk has ever looked this neat since we moved in. When you think about dust bunnies under your bed, don't be embarrassed, I had dust dragons on my desk.
The trick now is to keep it like this.

The next major similar project is the basement. I think I'll just back my truck up to the french doors and start tossing. There's boxes down there that haven't been opened since we moved. I wonder how much music CDs are going for? I have hundreds.

Now, I'll go wash my hands.

Good Luck, L.M.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
In all honesty, little has changed for us. We live in a rural area. We're retired and although certainly not antisocial we have never been in the habit of socializing in large groups. I certainly didn't invent the latest catch phrase of "social distancing" but I have practiced it longer and more than most. I always figured people felt a need to exist in large groups because they didn't like themselves and that was their way of staying separated. Well, I like me just fine and get along with myself just great. I've been spending my time taking care of my place and my belongings. This in itself is more than a full time job when you're as anal about things as I am. I Spend a lot of time in my shop either working on the Jeep or some of my equipment or doing different woodworking projects. I'm presently building a red oak presentation display for a special Henry rifle I own. My shop, like my home is very well stocked so there is no need to go shopping. Anything we need gets purchased online and delivered. My UPS driver is just about the only one other than the wife I've even had any contact with and even he keeps his distance while we have our drawn out discussions. Staying as self sufficient as one can certainly has it's advantages.:drinks:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’m working from home now, so work still keeps me busy. Not going anywhere at night or on the weekend gives me some free time, when not taking care of our 3 Foster kids.

I enjoy retiring toy tractors. I’m not perfect at it, but I like doing it. I’ll find junkers at antique shops and give them new life.

So, I took 2 I started a while ago and got back to work in them.

My vehicles have also never been as clean as they are now!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Working from home and enjoying the extra time with my family. No 2 hour commute each day, so I get to sleep in a little bit. Get home early and then have some energy for my wife and 3 boys. Last week we played a little 2x2 basketball a couple of nights, then last night played Uno for about an hour. All good times.

This is a blessing, not a curse. Sit tight, relax and keep to yourself, this too will pass and life will go on. For now enjoy the down time.

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
I’m working from home now, so work still keeps me busy. Not going anywhere at night or on the weekend gives me some free time, when not taking care of our 3 Foster kids.

I enjoy retiring toy tractors. I’m not perfect at it, but I like doing it. I’ll find junkers at antique shops and give them new life.

So, I took 2 I started a while ago and got back to work in them.

My vehicles have also never been as clean as they are now!!

I'd like to see the finished product. Please post some pics when you're done.

Good Luck, L.M.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts