Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd like to see the finished product. Please post some pics when you're done.

Good Luck, L.M.

Will do. Here are two previous restorations. The Deere I had as a kid. The 1586 I rescued.

They aren’t perfect, though the Deere I put extra effort into, as it’s worth quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
I was thinking why didn't you paint it green with yellow wheels, but when I look closely, it looks to be a model of a Farmall tractor. Red seems to be the correct color for that tractor (and ball caps).

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was thinking why didn't you paint it green with yellow wheels, but when I look closely, it looks to be a model of a Farmall tractor. Red seems to be the correct color for that tractor (and ball caps).

Good Luck, L.M.
Here is a rough draft. Have some color sanding and repaint to do. Also need to figure out a different plan for the rear axle. Probably paint the wheels red as well.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
As I remember most of that year and model had red front wheels and the rear had silver rims with red hubs.
Here is a rough draft. Have some color sanding and repaint to do. Also need to figure out a different plan for the rear axle. Probably paint the wheels red as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was laid off about two weeks ago, so I've spent the time getting the related paperwork together, cleaning the apartment, and honing my mastery of my ancient video games (we're under "shelter in place" orders here). I'd like to get some hiking in now that the weather is turning, and I'm hoping that I'm able to start a garden this season.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I suggest reading the Kama Sutra with your significant other. If your like my wife and I, you will laugh(that ain't going to work) to cry(why did we try that) to that was fun as heck(lets do that again). Beats cutting down a tree or washing and waxing the Jeep/car any time.

Rod

·
Registered
20 Posts
work is keeping me busy enough so i dont go crazy thinking about whats going on. funny when work becomes the needed distraction lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been working from home since the end of February. I had plenty of food and stuff before this all went down. My LJ is at my stepdads shop a state away getting an LS swap. I jacked 2 of the disc golf baskets from work and stationed them around the yard. That really consumes most of my day in addition to day drinking and bong rips since I am not driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Professional dog handler/trainer for LE and almost nothings changed for me. Dog training via FaceTime or Skype doesn't work very well. lol They simply refuse to pay attention to video screens and think all commands are optional. lol

Bottom line with a few exceptions is I'm pretty much doing exactly what I did before the pandemic. I'm not going to hold up shaking in the dark about this crap. Have a better chance of dying from dozens of other things like auto accidents then from Corona virus imo. I wish people would stop hoarding stuff but welcome to America!

Here's a pic of one of my dogs! He makes a GS or Rotweiler look like a toy poodle.
I have an English Mastiff he is super sweet, but he topped out at 207 pounds

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have been fortunate enough to be able to work from home. I have been laying low and trying to eat healthy. I have been trying to sit outside and work on the deck since the weather here in North Carolina has been really nice for the most part. I have been lighting up the fire pit a lot as well so I don't feel chained tot he inside.

·
Premium Member
7,044 Posts
Sitting at home and watching our weather go from summer back to winter in a day. Yesterday (Wednesday), it broke a 130 year old record here with a high of 92. Tonight (Thursday) it is supposed to get down to 32. That, and finally cleaning up the basement that I should have done years ago. :)

61 - 80 of 96 Posts