Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
You are a true hero. Not a Hollywood actor, or football player. You are....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I only fix the machines that process letters or parcels.

Im not the carrier who walks 10 miles a day. No hero here. Just an overpaid wrench turner.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Sitting in solitary confinement house arrest for a crime I didn't commit and no evidence that I would.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Lots of heros and warriors going to battle today. Pic of my son today who is a physical therapist rehabbing Covid patients at Hurley Hospital in Flint MI.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just scooping out the horse corrals, even tho they are more muddy sand than corral. We have had a steady light rain for over two weeks, and today was the first day it has been solid enough to get the tractor out, and haul in fresh sand and DG { Decomposed Granite).

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey there- trying to grow grass... for the lawn y'all… SMH:eek::LOL:and between the heavy rains and the cold, my green thumb has become purple. Lawns possible without professional help?

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Hey there- trying to grow grass... for the lawn y'all… SMH:eek::LOL:and between the heavy rains and the cold, my green thumb has become purple. Lawns possible without professional help?
Due to extended winter I haven't even been able to work ground for my garden and it's usually already all in for a couple weeks by now. Hasn't bothered the grass though. I mow about 5 1/2 acres every few days and I'm already tired of that. I think this stuff even grows under the snow.

·
Registered
707 Posts
sounds like some fun activities you got there Oscar. enjoy it and share any good gardening "green thumb" tips :D

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I work for a civil engineering firm and pretty much everyone is working from home right now. Me and 4 others are still coming to work at the office every day. My Jeep has been a godsend through this. The weekends have been very nice luckily so we have been taking the roof off and going for joy ride on weekends. Our version of social distancing. We will often take the Jeep for a ride to picnic at a park. That is our version of going out to eat lately.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
sounds like some fun activities you got there Oscar. enjoy it and share any good gardening "green thumb" tips :D
I'll take any tips I can get. Been too wet to work ground and my plant trays are more than ready. We have tiny cucumbers already on the plants in the seed trays under the grow lights. Got to get a break soon or we'll be picking vegetables from the trays. Hmmmm? Might save a lot of work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll take any tips I can get. Been too wet to work ground and my plant trays are more than ready. We have tiny cucumbers already on the plants in the seed trays under the grow lights. Got to get a break soon or we'll be picking vegetables from the trays. Hmmmm? Might save a lot of work.
I grow on raised beds. You can still hill up some beds and do it on flat ground that way. It’s actually how they farm in the wet Southern states. My beds are 4x8 boxes they are dry in a day or so, but also require closer attention for watering.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
I grow on raised beds. You can still hill up some beds and do it on flat ground that way. It’s actually how they farm in the wet Southern states. My beds are 4x8 boxes they are dry in a day or so, but also require closer attention for watering.

Not sure which "Southern states" that would be since I have relatives all over the south. Besides, you have any idea how raised beds would work out when I put out 1/2 to 1 acre of garden every year? I don't think it would be worth the trouble. :rolleyes: I have a couple 4x8 raised beds we use for seed beds to get our starts but that's as far as they go. Hoping to get a 3 to 4 day break in the weather starting today so I can work up ground and plant on Sunday if it drys up enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm growing a fledgling online business, bought my yellow Jeep yesterday, and trying to ensure that I don't go absolutely bananas before my kids make it to their 3rd and 5th birthdays. 🦇:poop:🤪 Wishing everyone well!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure which "Southern states" that would be since I have relatives all over the south. Besides, you have any idea how raised beds would work out when I put out 1/2 to 1 acre of garden every year? I don't think it would be worth the trouble. :rolleyes: I have a couple 4x8 raised beds we use for seed beds to get our starts but that's as far as they go. Hoping to get a 3 to 4 day break in the weather starting today so I can work up ground and plant on Sunday if it drys up enough.
You could get a “lister” style attachment for your tractor to form beds. I’ve seen farming done that way in GA, MS, AR, LA and TX. I farmed that way in CA, but that was for furrow irrigation.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
You could get a “lister” style attachment for your tractor to form beds. I’ve seen farming done that way in GA, MS, AR, LA and TX. I farmed that way in CA, but that was for furrow irrigation.

If you're talking about a garden bedder or hiller, I have one made by Heavy Hitch and use it but the ground still has to be dry enough to work before I can use it. Hopefully the rains will hold off long enough for me to git-r-done in the next day or two.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not really much. My past time is to cook and explore some long recipes that I can't do when we all start working again.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts