Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this thread probably already exists somewhere in here, but I thought this might be fun...

What do you ALWAYS have in your Jeep (maybe you have a summer and winter category of 'always' if you live in the north like I do...)?

Seeing as I just got my Jeep not so long ago, I don't quite have all the stuff in there that I'd like, but here's my list.

- Tree saver / tow strap
- Recovery Strap
- Couple closable attachment hardware pieces...not quite as nice as D-rings but that's on the to buy later list
- Hi-lift Jack
- Two towing chains w/ hooks
- 12VDC portable air compressor
- Socket wrench, torx bits, pliers, knife, flashlight
- Toilet paper...very important if you plan on being in the woods all day :D
- Small car snow shovel (winter item)

What do you all find that you ALWAYS have in your Jeep, because you are either preparing for 'just-in-case' or you find you always use it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't forget to bring a towel :p

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Flares
MRE's
GPS
460 S&W.
OnBoard air installed. CB with enough power to get out if needed. Cell phones dont work in a lot of places here.
First aid.
Water purification filter
Tow strap
matches and fire starter
and other things for survival I cant think of.
Idaho has the most wilderness than any state in the lower 48
Places you can drive that would take 3 or 4 days to walk out of. We have Grizzley and black bears, wolves and mt lions.
So survival is something you need to seriously thing about here

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point, on any typical day I wouldn't venture anywhere I couldn't walk or cell phone my way out of...but there are sometimes I could see some basic survival gear being pretty important, especially if wheeling solo.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
In IN don't need much-

Winter- recovery bag with straps gloves rags and wrenches/Jeep toolbox/pillows for the GF's back/old horse blanket and a parka.

Summer -swap recovery bag with bottled water and cooler -and parka for rain coat add beach chairs. EVERYTHING ELSE STAYS THE SAME

·
Registered
175 Posts
i have a headlight that i need to put in, a folding chair and some old lotto tickets.

does this count??? :rofl:

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
20 or so empty dunkin donut cups
9 burger king bags and wrappers
12 or so empty packs of KOOL'S
boat load of sand and dirt
at least 8 tennis balls for the dog
3 school books
and a harley transmission i have yet to deliver to its owner after i rebuilt it

oh wait functional things for the jeep, sorry i got nutting of that stuff.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Jumper cables
Slim Jim set ( auto unlock tools)
Advanced first aid kit
Tow strap
Basic ratchet set
Reflective vest
Set of road triangles
Flash light
And in winter
Carharts and my north face sleeping bag.
Some kitty litter doesn't hurt.
The mre's and camping gear only get put in when I'm going somewhere where nothing is. My Kelty pack is a good thing to have if I have to abandon the jeep

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Ted_D said:
Flares
MRE's
GPS
460 S&W.
OnBoard air installed. CB with enough power to get out if needed. Cell phones dont work in a lot of places here.
First aid.
Water purification filter
Tow strap
matches and fire starter
and other things for survival I cant think of.
Idaho has the most wilderness than any state in the lower 48
Places you can drive that would take 3 or 4 days to walk out of. We have Grizzley and black bears, wolves and mt lions.
So survival is something you need to seriously thing about here
That's a good list. Yeah when I was in nm we had bears and mr lions. The bears didn't really concern me we saw four or five and had to shoot one. But the mt. Lions are scary

·
Registered
233 Posts
20' recovery strap with loops
"D" handle shovel
high lift jack
3/4 ton come-a-long
snow chains
10' tow chain with hooks
over sized first aid kit
insulated lether gloves
tool bag

·
Registered
61 Posts
moving from Florida to Colorado soon, so I really need to update mine soon... but so far I have a mish-mash of basic tools, flashlight, first aid kit, jumper cables, stock jack, extra oil, brake fluid, shop rags, work gloves, zip ties, flares, phone charger, iPod, GPS and sunscreen (for those topless days.. the jeep, not me... well, maybe me).

oh yeah, and a cheap air compressor.. slow, but does the job in a pinch.

My Jeep is still stock, so not much off-roading supplies yet.. but I am getting there!

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
My trail bag with:
First aid kit, 3 flares, asst. zip ties, duct tape, winch remote, snatch block & extra shackle, 2 straps, tree saver, portable air, tool kit, jumper cables, 2 lightweight rain ponchos, 2lb sledge hammer, folding saw & shovel, spare u-joint, spare ball joint, jumper cables, waterproof matches, flashlight(s), WD-40, bungee cords, wet wipes, tire plug kit, Staun tire deflators, tire pressure gauge, spare valve stems & caps, qt each of oil and of tranny fluid and I'm sure there is more in there.

iPod
GPS (& spare batteries)
CB
small inverter
fire extinguisher
Hi Lift jack (mounted outside)
sub box
a couple of spare bottles of water, hair ties, hat, sunglasses,leather gloves, pruning shears, thermal bag, a few spare cigarette lighters, napkins & a little bag of hard candy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My trail bag with:
First aid kit, 3 flares, asst. zip ties, duct tape, winch remote, snatch block & extra shackle, 2 straps, tree saver, portable air, tool kit, jumper cables, 2 lightweight rain ponchos, 2lb sledge hammer, folding saw & shovel, spare u-joint, spare ball joint, jumper cables, waterproof matches, flashlight(s), WD-40, bungee cords, wet wipes, tire plug kit, Staun tire deflators, tire pressure gauge, spare valve stems & caps, qt each of oil and of tranny fluid and I'm sure there is more in there.

iPod
GPS (& spare batteries)
CB
small inverter
fire extinguisher
Hi Lift jack (mounted outside)
sub box
a couple of spare bottles of water, hair ties, hat, sunglasses,leather gloves, pruning shears, thermal bag, a few spare cigarette lighters, napkins & a little bag of hard candy.
Wow, nice list. Love the sig!

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
Yea, I was looking at the list this morning and thought to myself "No wonder I only get 10 mpg, poor little guy is hauling a ton of gear!"

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow. Impressive lists. Good thing I live in civilization and don't plan on any adventures out in the wilderness. All I got in my Jeep is a cell phone charger and two air freshener discs. That sums up my list.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts