Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i posted before about my rear end and you guys told me to post pics of the inside well I got a chance to take it off and take pictures so here it is. its a ford 8.8 and now that i have the cover off how do check my gear ratio? thank you in advance! let me know if you need anymore pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Count the teeth on the ring gear then google, should be able to tell you

·
Registered
359 Posts
simple open diff. ABS ring on the far left of the picture on the ring gear. Spider gears visible is why i say open.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You need to count the teeth on the ring and pinion gear. Then divide the ring by the pinion. Were you planning on pulling the carrier out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet thanks would you guys happen to know how many quarts for oil?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Its an open diff. If it had a ls it would have that pain in the ass s-spring between the spider gears.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill be posting a picture of my front diff soon so if you guys could help with that it would be great!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
figured, why does it feel like I have a locker when its engaged in 4hi or 4lo

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use 3 qts. full syn 75 140 I believe Im not sure that the open requires syn. As you spin your ring gear over it should be printed on the ring tone side of it ( your ratio that is).

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
jeepgarza said:
figured, why does it feel like I have a locker when its engaged in 4hi or 4lo
Cause your 4 wheel drive system isn't meant for dry street usage.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I just find it awkward how it feels that way when my previous jeeps didn't. Thanks again though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts