Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I bought my 2007 jeep wrangler jku x in Oklahoma with a lift on it already. My concern is that I don't know what lift it has. And from what I see they did a poor job on it..how does one determine the height..the front and rear coil measure the same so I don't know what the lift is..any ideas on how I can determine the lift ?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Start with taking a measurement in the attached picture to get roughly the amount of lift you may have. Depending on age, sag, and installed equipment this can vary but should get you in the ballpark. Are there any markings on any of the suspension components or are they a specific color? What size tires are currently on the Jeep? If you can post some pictures we might be able to help you track it down further.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,562 Posts
That has instructions on how to measure lift height.
Posting pictures of your lift may help figure out what kind it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Start with taking a measurement in the attached picture to get roughly the amount of lift you may have. Depending on age, sag, and installed equipment this can vary but should get you in the ballpark. Are there any markings on any of the suspension components or are they a specific color? What size tires are currently on the Jeep? If you can post some pictures we might be able to help you track it down further.
I got 35's on it. Sorry for the late response. Been busy. But here are some pics...

·
Super Moderator
16,314 Posts
It's close to, but not a perfect match to the Pro Comp 4" kit K3089B. Not a great kit, lacking some important parts... I would be putting a set of geometry correction brackets on it and raising the rear track bar to the upper hole.

Take 2 more photo's... A close up where the front lower control arm bolts to the front axle (looking to see if there are cam bolts installed) and also the rear bump stop pad. It's the flat spot on the rear axle between the spring and the tire. Looking to see if bump stops are installed. It's possible that it's been on there a long time and the kit has been updated since this was installed.

But it's definitely missing proper caster correction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's close to, but not a perfect match to the Pro Comp 4" kit K3089B. Not a great kit, lacking some important parts... I would be putting a set of geometry correction brackets on it and raising the rear track bar to the upper hole.

Take 2 more photo's... A close up where the front lower control arm bolts to the front axle (looking to see if there are cam bolts installed) and also the rear bump stop pad. It's the flat spot on the rear axle between the spring and the tire. Looking to see if bump stops are installed. It's possible that it's been on there a long time and the kit has been updated since this was installed.

U

·
Super Moderator
16,314 Posts
Ok, we missed a little on the communication...

In the rear, it's between the spring and the control arm mount, like this from the rear.

And in the front, it's the lower control arm bolt, like this...

:)

·
Super Moderator
16,314 Posts
Ok, 2" bump stops in front and cam bolts have been added... 3" bump stops rear. We're not huge fans of cam bolts, but if you aren't banging on it hard off road, they work. Not sure you need 3" bump stops in the rear and those can be flipped to 2" easily...

So the question is, what is it about that setup that you don't like? It's an average to lower end lift kit, but they filled in the gaps where that kit is lacking, so it's not blatantly missing anything. Have you had it aligned? It would be nice to know that your TOE is set properly and the print out would also tell you what your caster is. Both are important to make sure it drives well.

Unless I was targeting something specific about how it drove, the only thing I would change just because I can is the rear track bar... I would move it to the top hole in the rear track bar bracket.

And for a small investment, I would probably use a cam bolt eliminator kit and add some Rancho Geometry Correction brackets. That would provide a noticeably improved driving quality.

·
Super Moderator
6,562 Posts
I agree with Pressurized.
I would add, check your tires air pressure. With tires that big you should only be running around 28 - 30 psi. No where near the pressure listed on the door jam.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, 2" bump stops in front and cam bolts have been added... 3" bump stops rear. We're not huge fans of cam bolts, but if you aren't banging on it hard off road, they work. Not sure you need 3" bump stops in the rear and those can be flipped to 2" easily...

So the question is, what is it about that setup that you don't like? It's an average to lower end lift kit, but they filled in the gaps where that kit is lacking, so it's not blatantly missing anything. Have you had it aligned? It would be nice to know that your TOE is set properly and the print out would also tell you what your caster is. Both are important to make sure it drives well.

Unless I was targeting something specific about how it drove, the only thing I would change just because I can is the rear track bar... I would move it to the top hole in the rear track bar bracket.

And for a small investment, I would probably use a cam bolt eliminator kit and add some Rancho Geometry Correction brackets. That would provide a noticeably improved driving quality.
I'll keep that in mind but question was , what is the lift on it since I bought it already lifted. But I really do appreciate your opinion. After all. That's what we are here for. The help of others. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts