Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new 17 JKU a couple weeks ago. The other day when I got home and turned off the engine, I heard this siren like noise. I took a video of it since I was able to replicate it three times by turning the engine on and off. I don't recall my 13 JK making the same noise.

I already went back to the dealership, and showed a technician the video. He said that the noise was weird and never heard it before... It doesn't seem to happen all the time but I heard it again today. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Thanks so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUptEmkOI5o

·
Registered
421 Posts
my 08 JK made a similar but lower pitch rather like a jet turbine spooling down....my local mechanic finally identified it as the radiator fan as others noted.

I also had a gurgling like a large aquarium was sucking down some unwilling protein snack for the resident flesh eaters.....after 2 dealerships failed to ID it, my same local mechanic fixed it by burping the hoses & adding slowly about 1/2 gallon extra coolant.
Stopped it at once & permanently.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my 08 JK made a similar but lower pitch rather like a jet turbine spooling down....my local mechanic finally identified it as the radiator fan as others noted.

I also had a gurgling like a large aquarium was sucking down some unwilling protein snack for the resident flesh eaters.....after 2 dealerships failed to ID it, my same local mechanic fixed it by burping the hoses & adding slowly about 1/2 gallon extra coolant.
Stopped it at once & permanently.
Thanks. I think I've seen one of your posts about the turbine noise when I was searching the forum :beerdrinking: Sounds like it doesn't hurt anything other than making the noise.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I got that too. Never knew what it was.

·
Registered
658 Posts
We have 2 2015 JKUs, both do this. Kids think it's cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts