Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put Rubi coils in my stock TJ. Is there an advantage over stock Sport springs?

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
They have a higher spring rate.

Are you wanting to add them for height/lift?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking to get stiffer ride and was hoping to get a little hieght since my winch sags the crappy stock springs. Dont want to waste my time installing them if its not worth it

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
It would be nominal at best. If your front end is sagging from your winch you might consider some 3/4" spacers.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already got 1.5" spacers up front and nothing in the back. Just want a better rate spring.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Are your front springs sagging? How heavy is your front bumper? Do you have a rear tire carrier or anything heavy on the back?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are your front springs sagging? How heavy is your front bumper? Do you have a rear tire carrier or anything heavy on the back?
Nothing on the back, just a winch on the front. I installed spacers over the weekend and it sit somewhat level now but the stock springs suck. I thought Rubi springs would be better, but I'll pass on putting them in if its not benificial.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what I was thinking. I'm running 32's with no lift other then the 1.5 spacer up front.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
If the Rubi springs are in better shape than your springs then throw em on. It would at least give you a better set of springs.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I'd say in your instance here they will probably do exactly what you want. Old sagging springs on a 97 or so TJ are reaching the point where they are getting tired especially with the weight that we put on them with winches and those big ass ARB Bumpers that Scout used to think were cool. :D

This instance I agree it would not be a waste of time for you to do this.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Hey!!! I heard that!!! :flipoff:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts